NorthBay, an 8+ Year Award Winning AWS Premier Consulting Partner, is a Global Analytics, DB/App Migration, App Dev and DevOps professional services company. NorthBay’s intense focus is unparalleled in the areas of Big Data (Data Lakes, Data Platforms, Enterprise Data Warehouse), Database & Application Migrations and Machine Learning/AI. NorthBay has earned the Analytics, DevOps, Mobile; Education Competency and is also a Public Sector Partner and we are also certified for AWS Well Architected Reviews and Database Freedom Migrations.
NorthBay is seeking a technically savvy hands-on Solutions Architect to implement solutions for our customers. In this role, you will collaborate with NorthBay customers, understand requirements and needs, translate into specifications to develop solutions, drive work with offshore and nearshore engineering teams, and deliver solutions and results to the customer. This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process.
- Interface with client project sponsors to gather, assess and interpret client needs and requirements
- Provide the architectural guidance and recommendations necessary to promote successful partner engagements worldwide.
- Work closely with Sales, delivery teams and other Solutions Architects throughout the lifecycle of customer engagements.
- Assist customers define the approach, tools, and target architecture as they migrate customers or build cloud native solutions on AWS
- Validate Partner architectures, deliverables, SOW’s, RFP’s, Project plans, and other assets required to successfully deliver partner lead customer engagements.
- Assist solution providers with the definition of technical strategies that will enable them to sell more of their offering on the AWS platform.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with our broader Solution Architect community.
- Help transition the implemented solution into the hands of the client, including providing documentation the client can use to operate and maintain the solution.
- Help NorthBay Solutions with its Continuous Improvement processes to learn from each customer project, including doing project retrospectives and writing up “Lessons Learned”.
Qualifications (“Must Haves”):
- 5+ years of Solutions implementation, professional services experience, prefer on AWS cloud and Hybrid environment.
- Architectural thinking and experience with one or more architecture methods
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience working in healthcare; customers or partners
- Experience working with or for solutions integrators
- Strong understanding and experience with AWS Cloud services
- Strong technical communication skills and ability to engage a variety of business and technical audiences
- Strong Understanding of Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge of EA Frameworks – TOGFA, Zachman, ArchiMate
- Experience working across internal and external organizations.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, DaaS etc ) and software development lifecycle
- Past experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologist
- Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort
- Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technologies to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
- Technology Depth: Demonstrate detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least four technology areas
- Leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines.
- Presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with technical and Executive audiences.
Qualifications (“Nice to Haves”):
- Strong Database & Big data experience
- Knowledge of VMware offering on AWS
- Strong Development Experience on at least one NoSQL OR Document databases
- Security Architecture implementation throughout the process
- Experience on at least one or More Ingestion Integration
- Experience on CloudEndure
- AWS Streaming services
- 5+ years of AWS Solutions implementation, professional services experience, prefer Data Analytics space.
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
- Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH)Experience optimizing database/query performance.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift).
- Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos).
- Experience with data warehousing.
- Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery, Mongo)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit the attributes of enabler by demonstrating the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies and business models
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise-level architectures
- Passion for working with global systems integrators
- Broad based technology experience including cloud computing, applications development, DevOps, IoT, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, containers, and management and monitoring
- Able to think strategically, and act tactically, in context to architectural domains
- Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
- Cloud and/or AWS experience; AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect –
- Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience or exposure with AWS