Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business knowledge, and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build min- share and broad use of AWS within organizations.
At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Here are some of the qualities we are searching for:
– Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
– An affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including cloud computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
– Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
During your first year as an Associate Cloud Developer, you will receive instruction and on-the-job training on a range of AWS services and solutions. By the end of your first year, you will choose a specialty track suited to your strengths and preferences (subject to business availability). These tracks include:
Application Developer – AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or serverless architecture.
Cloud Infrastructure Architect – An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
DevOps Specialist – A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for customers.
Data Lake & Analytics Specialist – This role will specifically focus on data processing capabilities and helping our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent our customers from leveraging their data to develop business insights. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
Data Warehouse & Massive Parallel Processing Specialist – This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and database migration capabilities. Engagements will include Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
Data & Machine Learning Engineer – In this role, you will work with our partners and customers with a focus on our AWS Analytics and ML services offering such Amazon Kinesis, AWS Glue, Amazon Redshift, Amazon EMR, Athena, Amazon SageMaker, and more. You will help our customers and partners to remove the constraints that prevent them from leveraging their data to develop business insights.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a Canadian Citizen.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++
• Familiarity with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), or Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
• Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work
• Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
• Experience with systems administration (Linux/Windows) or network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
• Passion for experiencing new technologies, and influencing Canada’s public sector
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.