Cisco Systems Inc
Who You’ll Work With?
Billions of times a day, computers around the world communicate with the Cisco Advanced Malware Protection Cloud and rely on the AMP product to protect them against advanced forms of malware. Some malware is straightforward to identify, but antivirus has done that forever. Our customers need protection against malware that is tricky to identify, such as:
- Viruses that generate different binaries on every machine they infect
- Things that seem benign until you start looking closely at their behaviour/pattern
- Malicious programs that have invented new ways of hiding themselves
To make the problem even more interesting: it may only become clear after a few days that a program or behaviour was malicious. Does that sound fun to you?
The AMP Data Team is responsible for running advanced malware identification algorithms on incoming event data streams and storing and indexing that data. We index that data both for future detailed investigations of malware incidents and run applications on a stream of data to identify such malicious behaviour. We strive for sub-second processing latencies in our streaming platforms and databases as they handle data volumes of >100TB/month and growing.
Do you love learning and working with technologies like the following?
If using those to help improve computer security sounds exciting, this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do
Our team is looking for a Software Automated Test Developer who will understand different applications, system behaviour and help put automation in place to test these applications/systems. You will be writing automation to validate end-to-end functionality of various systems in isolation and at scale.
What does an ideal candidate look like?
- You are self-motivated, result-driven and engaged individual and enjoy collaborating in a team-based environment.
- You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what’s going on, and make a difference.
- You are someone who doesn’t give up when faced with complex problems.
- Possesses a strong interest in computer software outside of a work environment
- Likes to take challenges head-on, troubleshoot problems and innovate solutions
- Great self-learner
- Thinks about security and scale all the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant stream
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Experience to develop and maintain automation framework, libraries and internal tools for functional and performance testing
- Understanding of writing requirements, test scenarios and defect tracking through its lifecycle
- Able to identify test cases and what to automate
- Work closely across teams through the design and development process
Nice to have
- Certification in Quality Assurance
- Experience in automation test development using Python or Ruby
- Experience with white box testing
- Testing and/or configuration of security products
- Testing of cloud based distributed systems
- Production experience with distributed databases like Mongo and Cassandra
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM).
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!