Requisition ID: 95970
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the Audit Function globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Act primarily as Team Participant or in some cases act as Officer-In-Charge (OIC) on assignments of low to medium complexity for assigned projects, processes and units.
- Ensure Scotiabank standards and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Code of Ethics are maintained in completion of all assignments.
- Execute assigned audit activities independently as a team member under the direction of the OIC on assignments. This includes completion of audit testing, discussions with management and documentation of work performed.
- Executes, plans and reports on the assigned audit projects. Obtains a thorough understanding of the business/unit/process and associated risks, develops a risk based audit plan/procedures, and schedules timing and resources.
- Delivers end-to- end process of the execution of the audit, and ensures nature and extent of testing is appropriate to support the objective, scope and overall opinion. Completes timely review of workpapers, ensures internal control weaknesses are clearly documented with recommendations addressing the root cause and are communicated timely to management.
- Ensures audit results are gathered, determine the root cause of the problem and the associated impact and report accordingly. Review/edit reports and summarize issues. Present an overview of the audit results and findings to line management.
- Ensures audit reports are written to a consistent high standard and are finalized within established department metrics.
- Execute agreed upon procedures for specific projects or investigations of a low to moderate complexity and/or confidential nature. May assist other audit staff in more complex projects that Audit may be requested to perform. Plan, document and seek agreement in advance to the project approach and confirm conclusions upon completion in writing.
- Manage self-development by confirming/communicating job expectations, identifying mentors/coaches and enquiring about training needs, ensuring timely completion of performance appraisals and manages assigned staff.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
o Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
o One or more of the following certifications: CIA, CISA, CRISC, CDMP, CIMP.
• Work Experience
o Proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques, processes and methodologies to performance and review of audits.
o Working knowledge of the operations and regulatory environments of each of the audit units globally, as required for specific areas of assigned responsibility.
o Ability to manage and supervise multiple projects at any given time.
o Developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to work with staff and management at various levels.
o Good people management and coaching/development skills.
o Good analytical skills and proficiency in the use of data analytic or visualization tools.
o Ability to work in high levels of ambiguity and in a rapidly changing environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.