We’re looking for a dynamic, agile, clean-code-loving developer to join our Human Capital Management (HCM) Commissions team and help us develop amazing software that empowers our users.
In HCM, we’re a family of 60+ geeks: Developers, Testers, Technical Writers, UX Designers, and Product Managers from over 20 nationalities that collaborate together in a positive and respectful culture.
Our team’s main focus is Oracle-NetSuite’s SuitePeople offering. We apply our deep understanding of HR challenges to enable organizations to engage with their workforce and rapidly respond to changing business conditions.
You’ll be joining our HCM-Payroll Commissions team – a scrum team that’s currently collaborating remotely to maintain NetSuite’s Commissions product.
Our company culture
- We help each other and foster collaboration across roles and teams.
- We lift each other up. We know how to celebrate our successes and learn from our failures.
- All of our efforts center around delivering value to our customers.
- Ideas are fragile and we consider them no matter how simple or outlandish they may be.
- We always try to do the right thing – for ourselves, for the product, and ultimately for our customers.
How will you crush it?
You’ll build things people enjoy using and prevent them from going back to Excel to do their daily work. You’ll work with awesome people that care about their craft and what they deliver. Your efforts will directly contribute to making things better for thousands of our customers. As part of working on our Agile teams, you own your domain and you have a say on user experience and technical design. You’ll be designing and implementing solutions that include database schemas, business logic, as well as some presentation layer work (there is a buzzword for it – full-stack developer). Opportunities for cross-team collaboration will enable you to learn new things that will make you a better and more versatile developer.
The person we hire will enjoy
- Working in an Agile environment. We can proudly say that Scrum works here – code reviews, continuous integration, knowledge sharing, and retrospectives.
- Regular team events (movies, games, escape rooms, etc.).
- Opportunities for subsidized career and skills growth.
- Oracle equity in the form of stock options and RSUs.
- RRSP contribution matching up to 6% of annual salary.
You’ll fit perfectly if you share these values
- Being open-minded for discussions and promoting team collaboration
- Having pride in your work
- Taking initiative, responsibility, and ownership of your projects
- Excellent software design and clean code principles
Your qualifications & skills
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
- University/College program degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics
- Understanding in Object-Oriented Programming language
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
Good to have
- Intimate understanding of modern web applications from database to browser
- Understanding of SQL and experience working with database-driven applications
- Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and web browsers
- Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm, and SOLID principles
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.