TD Bank, N.A.
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
TD Asset Management (TDAM), a member of TD Bank Financial Group, is a leading North American investment manager offering progressive investment solutions to both institutional and individual investors. For over two decades, the organization has established competitive market positions in active, quantitative and passive portfolio management. As of December 31, 2019, TDAM and its affiliates manage over $393 billion in assets on behalf of pension, insurance, endowment/foundation and corporate clients, as well as high-net worth clients and retail mutual funds.
In attaining this client commitment, TDAM has built one of Canada’s largest and most respected investment management and research teams with more than 140 Portfolio Managers, Associate Portfolio Managers, Traders and Analysts.
The Product Strategy and Development team within TD Asset Management is responsible for the product strategy and development of TD’s entire product portfolio. The team’s mandate is as follows:
- Develop a solid understanding of markets, competitors, product and regulatory trends, advisor and client needs to effectively inform decisions on new product concepts
- Synthesize data on emerging medium and long term product development trends to inform product roadmap
- Develop product concepts for various distribution channels to profitably grow market share
The Associate, Product Strategy and Development acts as a subject matter expert on all things related to product. This role is responsible for all aspects of product development including product innovation and pricing, as well as research and support.
- Have an understanding of TDAM’s general investment philosophy and investment styles
- Synthesize product, competitive and industry research and analysis into meaningful recommendations to promote the development of new product concepts
- Help define and build the business case for new product development initiatives through assembling fact-based arguments and developing compelling presentations to senior management
- Partner with Product Management team to ensure successful launch of new retail products
- Meet with internal and external stakeholders to identify product gaps
- Understand the needs of the client and advisors as well as the nuances between different sales channels
- Understand how the product offering fits within an advisor’s portfolio construction process
- Occasionally present to advisors, sales team and clients on the investment strategy and positioning of key products
The following interactions constitute an integral part of this position:
- Direct report to the Vice President, Product Development
- Executives, relationship managers and other investment professionals across TD Wealth.
- Collaborate with internal partners including Business Management and Solutions, Business Strategy, Product Management, Product Design, Portfolio Management, Client Portfolio Managers, Sales, Legal, Sales Strategy and Communications, Finance, Compliance, Operations and Marketing
- 3 rd Party sub advisors and other vendor relationships
- Minimum 5 years of related industry experience with at least 3 years of experience in a strategy or product development function within the asset management industry
- Demonstrated business acumen and sound judgment when deciding among multiple alternatives, including the ability to identify key issues
- Ability to lead and conduct business analyses, including financial, product portfolio, market and competitive analyses; experience in identifying relevant sources of data and collecting such data from public and private sources
- Knowledge of mutual funds, segregated funds, ETF’s and other investment product related vehicles including a working knowledge of major investment strategies and styles employed by fixed income and equity portfolio managers
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and quantitative skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong technical ability with preference for experience in Bloomberg, Simfund, and Morningstar Direct
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with an ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills in interacting with various stakeholders within the firm, other members of the product team
- A working knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues
- A working knowledge of fund accounting and performance/portfolio reporting principles
- Organizational awareness – knowing who or where to best engage to deal with issues/initiatives.
- Results-oriented self-starter with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize many projects simultaneously
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Comfortable speaking in front of audiences
- Strong leadership potential
- Undergraduate degree
- CFA/MBA preferred
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.