Position at HSO
Associate Positions – Talent Pool for Immediate and Anticipatory Hiring
Terms: Full-time Permanent and Contract opportunities
Starting Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Location: Ottawa & Montreal, Canada
Health Standards Organization (HSO) is searching for exceptional Associates who shares our passion for achieving quality health services for all. In Canada and around the world, we are building a bold and bright future for our enterprise and our clients. If you are looking for a challenge and seeking to be part of something larger than yourself, this position could be for you.
You will use your exceptional organizational, administrative and creative skills to provide efficiency and rapid response while supporting our internal Program units. You enjoy taking the initiative, getting work done and accepting challenges. Your knack for technology extends beyond being an Excel whiz, you learn and own new systems with ease and do not shy from being the go to person for staff inquiries. You can maintain data, create reports, and keep the team on track.
We are looking for someone who is both a doer and thinker, an organizational ninja, with the agility, mindfulness, and preparedness to ensure that all trains are running on time. Having a full plate doesn’t intimidate, but motivates you, and you have a knack for triaging multiple priorities and juggling tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
If you’re right for this opportunity, you have a winning attitude and will carry out administrative and other tasks with dynamism and great energy. You love to learn from and collaborate with others. You find fuel in meeting deadlines and surpassing expectations. You understand that you are a key factor in the success of our client organizations, and as such, the opportunity to educate and support our internal Program units makes your day, every day.
Let’s break it down. Your responsibilities include:
- Working in a fast-paced environment that requires agile, clear thinking for quick turnaround of accurate, high-quality deliverables.
- Applying your keen eye for details – you can spot quality issues and take the initiative to fix it, while regularly checking in with your project lead.
- Critical examination of processes and proposing innovative solution to create efficiencies.
- Building authentic and enduring relationships with staff, partners, validators and amplifiers.
- Collaborating for results; You won’t be in this alone. The HSO team is our – and your – greatest asset. Our team has rich talent and deep expertise to strengthen you in your role.
- Crossing your t’s and dotting all your i’s while managing projects, gathering information and formatting reports.
- You understand the art of making meetings participative and effective. You can set all the right coordinates for a meeting or event to take place and produce results.
- Reaching out to new and potential clients to share information on HSO’s programs and services.
- Being a flexible team player. Contributing positively to the culture of our workplace by staying positive, engaged in the work you do and energized by the difference you’re making.
You have a unique history. Does it include the education and experience listed below?
- College or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of progressive and varied experience in program administration, communications and/or client services.
- French-English bilingualism. Your key portfolio may include our valued Quebec clients, therefore -the ability to communicate seamlessly in French is absolutely key, both oral and written.
- A proven ability to work under pressure while juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented. You’ve heard this before, but we can’t stress it enough: the devil is in the details. You notice big and little mistakes and are comfortable reviewing the work of your team and accepting the thorough review of your own work.
- Accountability and Ownership. Examples of when you have stepped up, taken ownership and ran with it. It can be on a big or small scale, professional or volunteer, but have examples where you demonstrated accountability.
- Knowledge of the health care environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. This is key. You’ll be interacting daily with various teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders and clients.
You’ll stand out if you…
- Are familiar with health care quality, particularly in Quebec.
- Have experience working with people via distance.
- Are enthusiastic and passionate! (We have an ambitious mission and it will be our collective energy that will get us there. Don’t be afraid to care about what you do!)
Have what we’re looking for? Submit your letter of interest
We are equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.