Investment Management Corporation of Ontario
At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
IMCO is looking for a highly motivated Associate to join our Performance Measurement & Analytics team!
The Associate is a key member of the Performance Measurement and Analytics team, tasked with the production of complex investment performance and analytical reporting for asset owner clients. This involves performance calculations, analysis, exposure reporting, asset mix, responding to internal stakeholder requests, client requests, and investigating discrepancies. The Associate ensures the availability and accuracy of performance data provided to various stakeholders.
Working under the supervision of the Manager, Performance Measurement and Analytics, the Associate is responsible for the execution of routine tasks, the production of a variety of reports, and the use of various systems. Working closely with the Front Office, Data Management & Investment Reporting, Investment Risk, and IT, the Associate executes quality control checks, performs reasonability checks, and ensures policies and procedures are followed.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Producing, developing, and presenting investment-related reports and analysis across multiple disciplines to enhance the management and monitoring of investment performance of the plan.
- Conducting research and analysis on Investment performance with significant attention to detail.
- Assisting in evaluating proposed calculation methodologies and financial models for operational reasonableness.
- Developing regular and ad-hoc performance measurement and attribution models to support the investment decision making process, as well as the investment review process.
- Managing, monitoring, and evaluating performance, risk management and attribution at various portfolio levels in a timely manner.
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Providing analytical and value-add support to internal stakeholders to support investment decision making, as well as transform data into meaningful and actionable knowledge by analyzing reports and providing recommendations.
- Collaborating with front-office investment professionals to obtain and understand details reporting and information requirements.
- Collaborating with the Data Management team to support the development and enhancement of the reporting environment and processes to better facilitate and customize the delivery of information for IMCO’s end-users, including the definition of data classifications required, as well as assisting in establishing the processes to translate the book-of-record into usable inputs for the requested reporting.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for process improvement while simultaneously collaborating with co-workers to implement changes.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge on investment market conditions and trends to support projects, as required.
- Providing appropriate and timely information, analysis and reporting for management, as well as the Board.
- Leading other special short-term Performance Measurement and Analytics projects, as required.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry (preferably in asset management or capital markets) is required, including 2 years’ experience with performance measurement.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business or a related field is required. A graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MFin) and/or a professional designation (e.g. CFA, FRM, CIPM) is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of finance, portfolio management theory and broad range of asset classes, investment strategies, and investment vehicles including practical aspects such as market conventions, specific product knowledge, and best industry practices.
- Advanced quantitative, analytical, financial modelling skills with comprehensive financial analysis experience.
- Well-versed in performance measurement principles, methodologies and practices, with previous experience with P&L attribution and analysis considered an asset.
- Written communication skills required to report complex information (e.g. risk reports, compliance issues, performance attribution) in a clear, concise manner.
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills required to exchange complex information and to present information, as well to build key working relationships; cultivate partnerships and work collaboratively in a team environment, and with internal and external resources.
- Proficient with MS Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Visio). SQL, VBA or other programming languages is an asset.
- Experience with Eagle PACE and Bloomberg is desired.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMCO is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise IMCO if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.