Brookfield is a global alternative asset manager with over $500 billion in assets under management. We have over a 100-year history of owning and operating assets with a focus on property, renewable energy, infrastructure and private equity. Our assets are held through a growing portfolio of private funds and public, listed entities. We are proud of our track record for achieving strong risk-adjusted returns for our clients, partners and shareholders across all market conditions. Brookfield is publicly listed on the NYSE and TSX.
The Brookfield Infrastructure Group (BIG) is one of Brookfield Asset Management’s primary operating platforms. The Infrastructure Group operates and manages over $110 billion of assets owned through its listed and unlisted investment vehicles. Our portfolio is comprised of long-life, high quality infrastructure assets with high barriers to entry that generate stable and growing cash flows.
BIG’s Investment teams are organized by geography and are responsible for sourcing and executing new investments as well as capital allocation decisions within existing sectors including data infrastructure, transport, energy and sustainable resources, in addition to considering new sectors.
Brookfield Infrastructure Group is recruiting for an Associate, Investments in our Toronto office. The role represents an exciting opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team with a long history of executing successful investments in a variety of industries and geographies with deep financial and operational turnaround roots.
The Associate, Investments position represents an opportunity to play a key role in a growing deal team with a focus on sourcing, analyzing and executing our investments. The responsibilities for this position would include the following:
- Assisting in targeting and evaluating new investment opportunities;
- Assess potential investments through financial modeling and company/industry research;
- Working with operating teams to be a key contributor in the planning and completion of due diligence;
- Prepare investment committee materials and other transaction documents;
- Monitor and assist in the management of existing portfolio companies;
- Contribute to a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude; and, Special projects as required.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A professional, positive attitude and capable of contributing to a dynamic and team-oriented culture.
- 2-4 years of experience in Principal Investing, Investment Banking, Restructuring, or other relevant areas;
- Experience in distressed situations and deep understanding of capital structure is an asset;
- Experience in conducting due diligence is an asset;
- High level of proficiency in Excel and outstanding financial modeling skills
This position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the role qualifications and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
At Brookfield, we care about your privacy and strive to protect Applicant Data throughout the recruitment process. To that end, information that we gather from applicants via job postings, is used solely for the purposes of recruiting and hiring. For more details, we encourage applicants to read Brookfield’s Applicant Data Protection and Privacy Notice, found on our website: