Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will :
- Develop scalable and maintainable web applications. Products may include user interfaces, a variety of microservices and integration between systems/services using a variety of technical environments
- Work closely with Consultant team members to drive innovative solutions that meet business needs
- Participate in an agile delivery model in partnership with various product enablement teams
- Collaborate with team members to identify opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new business value through platforms and software and solve complex technical problems
- Provide technical leadership through training and/or mentoring development team members on projects
- Document technical solution proposals, development estimates, implementation plans, technical processes and procedures
- Work effectively in dynamic, complex situations within a fast-paced, customer-focused environment
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- Demonstrated experience navigating the complexities of systems integration across a variety of system platforms and vendors
- Experience with at least a few of the following technical environments: C#/.Net, nodeJS, React, XML, JSON, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure, Websphere, Jenkins, Github, SQL, Redis
- Familiarity with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other Software Engineering best practices to accelerate the delivery and quality of new features
- Eagerness to learn emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next
- Excellent problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through the creative process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a strong ability to recognize critical path deliverables in order to deliver within project timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities and outcomes
- Experience developing systems for external users or with financial and insurance systems and/or familiarity with business functionality (e.g., insurance products, banking products, mortgage creditor, distribution model)
- 3 or more years development experience
If you are ready to unleash your potential, its time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of September 30, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$943 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.2 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .