EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
Join us on March 11th 7pm EST for an Information Session hosted by the Client Technology team to learn more about the work they do and the responsibilities in this role. Reserve your spot for this online event here – a link for the session will be sent out 2 days prior.
The selected candidate will support the Client Technology Team during a Summer 2021 internship:
- Supports the day to day activities of the development and engineering team by coding, programming and capturing specifications for a defined project, using developing technical capabilities
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a relevant solution or infrastructure, ensuring compliance with the relevant standards
- Works with users to capture requirements and drafts design specifications
Your key responsibilities
- Analyzes user requirements and translates them into solution or infrastructure deliverables using developing coding and programming skills
- Perform parts of the coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the development process in projects with limited complexity under supervision
- Tests finished products for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary
- Collaborates with users to understand requirements and translates requirements into design specifications for the review of more senior members of the team
- Monitors emerging technologies and applies developing skills to solution / infrastructure deliverables
- Ensures all activities adhere to the relevant processes, procedures, standards and technical design
Skills and attributes for success
- Developing technical competency in designing, developing, and debugging solutions
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Working towards a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 0-1 years experience is an asset, but not essential
- Working knowledge of relevant software infrastructure platforms (depending on specialism) and understanding of applicable standards
- Functional knowledge in building application using container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes, and container engines like Docker
- Functional knowledge in building real-time data pipelines and streaming apps using Kafka, and RabbitMQ message broker
- Functional knowledge of CI/CD delivery using code management, configuration management and automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Functional knowledge of delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
To apply, please attach your most recent cover letter, résumé, and unofficial transcripts in one PDF file. In your cover letter, please specify your preferred location (Toronto or Vancouver).
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
To apply please visit our Student Careers Page: www.ey.com/ca/apply
- Please select the appropriate job posting
- Log In or Register as a New User
- Complete all required fields on each page
- Attach your most recent cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in one PDF file
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.