4100 Gordon Baker Road
Job Family Group:
FCU (Information Security/Cyber Security, Fraud, Physical Security)
Central Testing Utility (CTU) conducts testing activities on behalf of Technology & Operations (T&O). It provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to join a close-knit team of experts from diverse fields and disciplines. Our utility model will offer individuals the opportunity to gain experience, knowledge and insights to functions across functions such as Technology, FCU (Information Security/Cyber Security, Fraud, Physical Security) and Product Operations. The T&O CTU is looking for energized individuals by working in a highly collaborative setting where diversity of thought and expertise is valued.
Intake, Design & Development (IDD) team: Establishes the centralization of requirements and data intake to optimize test program design and development to drive efficiency and streamline requests to the business. It is the preliminary stage of the standardization of test programs, design and development process, testing scripts, and conduct testing based on the business’s requirements to expedite roll out of strategic and regulatory changes.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Provides advice, expertise, counsel and coaching to senior leaders as input to business decisions and medium to long term strategic planning & roadmaps and makes recommendations to senior leaders to facilitate the achievement of goals.
- Leads innovative strategic initiatives, sustainable investments and value creation opportunities over a 1-2 year time period that enable BMO to offer a sustainable, differentiated customer experience resulting in BMO being the industry leader in customer experience.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Understands and validates the new request of the business, coordinates with the business to review the accuracy and completeness of the necessary test information/documentation and validates that the test requirements align with the test objectives.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analyzing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops a roadmap for strategic execution.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal partners to successfully implement any procedural changes Collects feedback to assess the effectiveness of proposed changes.
- Provides clear communication and leadership to the IDD team and cascade to different levels
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging, and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Drives positive change based on high-quality work and thought leadership in the control testing approach, including identifying ways in which to increase efficiency.
- Plans, Designed and Develops applicable testing programs ensuring consistent, high-quality practices/work and the achievement of business results.
- Collaborates with test execution teams resource planning and strategy.
- Provides oversight over continuous monitoring activities, which is enabled by the data management team.
- Works with partners for process consistency across execution teams.
- Evaluates the fit of incoming test requests and collaborates with Design, Development and Execution teams to sure the request is a fit for CTU.
- Provides guidelines and vision to assess and adapt current operational programs and develops new operational capabilities to ensure ongoing efficient & effective delivery.
- Designs test programs for a variety of specializations to support effective testing & monitoring of controls within business groups and across the Bank.
- Understands the business/group strategy and develops and maintains high-level knowledge of end to end processes.
- Develops testing activities and any other operational activities within required service level agreements or standards.
- Develops knowledge related to program and/or area of specialty.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external business partners/stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Participates in planning and implementation of operational programs and executes within required service level agreements and standards.
- Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment activities.
- Executes various operational activities/requirements to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient service delivery.
- Ensures consistent, high-quality practices/work and the achievement of business results aligned with business/group strategies and productivity goals.
- Ensures that all intake documentation are reviewed and completed within the specified timelines: while meeting the daily or monthly targets set forth by the Director
- Creates and maintains adequate monitoring support documentation, such as narratives, flowcharts, process flows, testing plans, etc., to support the results of the reviews, including the write-up of findings/issues for reporting.
- Manages and resolves day-to-day issues related to internal processes and controls with business partners.
- Provides ongoing support to the continuous improvement process of the business unit.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Typically, between 5 – 7 years of work experience in Information Technology/ Information Security or business environment and a postsecondary degree in B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems and security, math or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle, IT general and application controls, information security risks & controls, and can apply the applicable knowledge to developing control test scripts.
- Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Expert understanding of business/group challenges and networks with industry contacts to gather and identify competitive insights and best practices, integrating into BMO’s practices.
- A seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills – In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration – In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data-driven decision making – In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.