Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
The Connected Health Platform (CHP) team is an exciting new team that is responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment and operational support of the overall platform. It enables patient-centric workflows that connect patients and their use of sleep and respiratory devices to their interactions with healthcare stakeholders. Using AWS technology, managed services and microservices it is an exciting space to be in.
We are looking for self-empowered and driven individuals to join our team. You must have a passion for healthcare, patients and building cool things that will help drive the future of healthcare.
Let’s talk about responsibilities:
- Assist in the design, development, implementation, and deployment of AWS cloud solutions.
- Assist in the development of high-performance, scalable, and resilient web applications, back-end services, and database solutions.
- Assist in providing incident management, change management, application support, monitoring, and Tier 2 support as part of the full cycle team responsibilities.
- Pair with senior developers to design software solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, following coding standards and best practices, including secure coding guidelines.
- Write clear, well-commented, and easy to understand code.
- All engineers are expected to place a strong emphasis on writing automated tests, including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end functional tests.
- May be part of an on-call support rotation.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s talk about qualifications and experience:
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Amazon ECS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, or Amazon EC2 is an asset.
- Experience working with and managing container development, deployment and operations on AWS, specifically with ECS on Fargate.
- Experience developing serverless applications, using Lambda, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, and S3.
- Experience with Git, Confluence, and JIRA is an asset.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. CodePipeline, TeamCity) and infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation) is an asset.
- Experience working with, or an understanding of, NoSQL databases and relational databases is an asset.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) is an asset.
- An understanding of 12-factor applications and cloud-native principles is an asset.
- Experience with various message brokering architectures (pub/sub queues, request/response) and data streaming is an asset.
- AI, Machine Learning, and Data Engineering experience is an asset.
- Experience in Java, Python, or C#, targeting multiple platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux) and application types (e.g. console, web site, REST API).
- Experience with testing frameworks (e.g. Junit, Nunit, Selenium), and testing tools (e.g. JMeter, Postman, Cucumber)
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
Let’s talk about what you can expect:
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices
- Opportunity to design, influence and be innovative
- Work with global teams and share new ideas
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and see a direct positive impact on people’s lives
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!