Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Assistant Scientist, Analytical for a 12-month fix term contract, to be located in Guelph, Ontario at one of our leading Canadian manufacturer of analgesics and other over-the-counter therapeutic products.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Assistant Scientist provides Analytical support to the growth and strategic business objectives of Johnson & Johnson with focus on key supply chain initiatives; this includes providing analytical testing support to new supply opportunities and product development improvement activities, enhancing analytical test methods to increase efficiency, and supporting projects to maintain and improve regulatory and corporate compliance.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws/regulations, the Companies’ policies, procedures, and guidelines, you will be responsible for:
- Performing assigned scientific experiments and routine tasks according to established procedures.
- Coordinating and/or executing: method validations and/or transfers; chemical and physical testing of stability samples; sampling and testing of process validation batches.
- Assisting in laboratory investigations.
- Collating, analyzing, and processing data.
- Reviewing data and documents. Keeping accurate records and supporting the development of technical documentation.
- Developing cross-functional understanding and awareness through exposure to diverse projects, products, and teams.
- Operating current laboratory instrumentation and adhering to laboratory safety, SOPs and GMP/GLP regulations.
- Recommending minor modifications to existing systems, processes, techniques, or programs for improvement.
- Actively participating in project team meetings
You will also ensure quality and compliance in all actions by:
- Attending GMP training.
- Adhering to strict compliance with procedures.
- Exercising the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed.
- In a timely and prompt manner, identifying, reporting, and seeking correction for deviations noted in the workplace.
- Embracing a behaviour of employee involvement and dedication to doing the job right the first time.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Toxicology, or related discipline
- Minimum of one (1) year of Laboratory experience or a combination of (1) year Co-op work term experience and/or lab-related school research project
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Strong understanding of manufacturing Processes, Laboratory Practices, and Documentation Practices within the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong experience with analytical instrumentation (such as HPLC, UPLC, dissolution)
- Experience with electronic data systems (such as Empower and LIMS)
- Task oriented with proven ability to work both independently and as an integral member of the team
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Effective communication skills including presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (word, Excel, PowerPoint etc..)
- Enjoy working to multiple deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment
- Corrosive, flammable, and toxic material handling; disposition of laboratory waste
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Heavy lifting may be required
- High repetition of some activities; requirement for long periods of sustained visual focus and concentration
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing, and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Canada-Ontario-Guelph-890 Woodlawn Road West
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)