About Chefs Plate / HelloFresh
Chefs Plate was the first meal kit company to establish its footprint in Canada. At Chefs Plate, we are passionate about redefining how Canadians eat and we provide delicious food direct to our customers online.
In October 2018, HelloFresh Inc. acquired Chefs Plate and is now part of the world’s largest meal kit family. We remain focused on delivering delicious meals, designed for busy people, and continue our mission to create human connections through food.
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action – from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
Chefs Plate is like a “startup within a startup”; we are a small, agile marketing team who is motivated to share big wins and turn around results quickly.
Reporting to the Brand Manager, you will drive all elements of the Chefs Plate brand strategy, as well as content, PR and design. You will be responsible for enabling all marketing efforts, ensuring our value proposition is compelling and drives customer acquisition, retention and loyalty, both online and offline. You will partner with cross-team stakeholders, globally and locally, to ensure Chefs Plate’s paid acquisition efforts and retention programs perform effectively.
This is a role for someone who is motivated by both impact and teamwork; we love to celebrate wins and working together to achieve our teams’ goals. We’re a small, scrappy team – we roll up our sleeves and get things done!
- Drive an innovative brand strategy, working closely with the customer, product, and research teams (local and global) to translate insights into winning consumer campaigns
- Proactively uncover opportunities, initiating & implementing new ideas to innovate within the category
- Analyze data to develop insights that drive informed decisions. We are an organization grounded in data and expect strategy to be built from analytics and testing.
- Work cross-functionally with performance marketing, product, and operations teams to continuously integrate consistent brand messaging across all touchpoints in the customer journey (social, ads, website, email, in-box, etc.)
- Launch exciting product marketing campaigns, supporting NPD efforts to exceed targets
- Influence global stakeholders in different time zones to support unique, localized strategies that grow the business in a competitive market
- Lead creative development of all marketing assets across performance marketing channels (paid social, youtube, direct mail, etc) and brand touchpoints (packaging,website, etc).
- Support strategy & execution for all upper funnel marketing activities (PR, TV, OOH)
- Solid understanding of how to balance brand (top-funnel) priorities against performance (bottom-funnel) needs, and how to make the right call in different scenarios
- Act as a key point of contact with marketing performance leads, tech product team, and culinary product team
- Manage the brand marketing budget and be accountable for reporting on & adjusting it
At a minimum, you have/are:
- Relevant degree in Marketing, Business, or other related field of study
- 2+ years experience in a brand marketing or communications role
- Be a change-maker; someone who challenges the status quo and thrives in an ambiguous environment
- Strong bias towards driving tangible results – digital performance, sales, ROI
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions and levels
- Experience building integrated marketing campaigns and managing upper funnel marketing channels (TV/OOH/PR/etc) from strategy, to media buying, to creative execution
- Strong learning agility and willingness to take on new challenges
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and e-commerce trends
- Hands-on attitude & willingness to build marketing campaigns & assets from scratch. Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality and risk. Learns from failures as well as successes
- Ecommerce business knowledge and understanding of the typical KPIs that drive success
- Enjoys working closely in a matrix-organization with other marketing managers, copywriters, designers and data analysts
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items. Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter, detail oriented and a great communicator
- An enthusiastic, engaged attitude ready to energize and contribute to a start-up environment
- Driver personality that challenges the status quo, advocates for the brand and influences key stakeholders
- Excels in an extremely fast-paced environment
- A go-getter with a “make things happen” mentality
- A real passion for food is required!
Why you’ll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you – take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow – we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are working remotely through until June 2021! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.