With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
Huawei’s Vancouver Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architecture design and strategic technical planning. Our Big Data and Artificial Intelligence Lab is responsible for developing and researching next generation AI technology. We believe that the success of AI for human-beings requires us to efficiently, fairly and securely use data and create AI products . We embrace cutting-edge technology if it improves our work or results. Our team consists of world class AI researchers and is agile with academic and industrial experience in artificial intelligences and operations research.
- Research on fundamental theories in deep learning and machine learning to interpret AI models and improve the robustness of them.
- Provide strong leadership in defining and articulating innovative and practical technical solutions that address various business needs.
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, and Mathematics specializing in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, NLP or similar fields.
- Deep understanding on deep learning and machine learning
- Strong mathematical and statistical background
- Demonstrated projects with deep learning framework such as CNN, RNN/LSTM using Tensorflow, Caffe, and MXNet etc.
- Skilled in at least one programming language.
- Ability to scope and schedule deliverables independently, and be accountable for performance and delivery.
- Energetic, self-motivated and execution oriented individuals, passionate in building best in class products.
Additional details :
- Publication record of papers at relevant top conferences in computer vision, NLP and machine learning.
- Experience in creating the right culture and environment to ensure a diverse group of people and skillsets can flourish and deliver true breakthrough science and innovation
- Experience in influencing and collaborating effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability interacting with product and engineering teams to frame business problems into scalable machine learning solutions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills