About the Company
Aquatic Informatics is a mission-driven software company that organizes the world’s water data to make it accessible and useful. We provide software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Water monitoring agencies worldwide trust us to acquire, process, model, and publish water information in real time. We offer a full range of solutions, from standalone software packages for individual users, hosted software services, and enterprise-wide national systems. We serve over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humour. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
If you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference in one of the most important resources in the world: water, then join our energetic growing team. Help us revolutionize an industry!
About the Position
Reporting to our Controller, you will be responsible for leading the company’s Annual Planning and Monthly Forecasting and reporting processes, as well as performing other recurring and ad hoc financial analysis activities as required.
- Prepare, deliver, and present the reporting packages for Flash, Corporate Metrics, Brand Growth Reviews, Forecast, and Budget to Management and Corporate stakeholders.
- Manage the development and the ongoing maintenance of the financial models for all reporting packages included above.
- Maintain and develop reporting methods for tracking KPIs against both the Annual Budget and Monthly Forecasts.
- Analyze past, current, and future trends and variances for KPIs, including bookings, revenues, costs of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Actively work with Managers, Department Heads, and Executives to analyze operational performance and ensure that financial targets are being met.
- Support the Senior Management team and Department Heads in making financial decisions by providing in-depth analysis of financial data.
- Assist in the needs assessment, selection, and implementation of a Corporate Performance Management (“CPM”) tool or Business Intelligence (“BI”) tool that integrates with the company’s accounting system.
- Support the Controller and Finance team with accounting matters on an as-needed basis, and communicate planning assumptions and decisions that impact accounting processes.
- Engage the Finance team in Financial Planning & Analysis projects and activities to encourage knowledge-sharing and development across all members of the team.
- Accounting diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years’ experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis role, preferably in a large corporate setting (i.e. familiarity with corporate reporting structures).
- Two or more years’ experience with General Accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, as well as CPM, BI, Accounting, Customer Relationship Management, and other relevant systems/softwares.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to work with and manage large data sets.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Exceptionally organized and deadline-driven.
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively; driven and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and superiors.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.