About our Company
Aquatic Informatics: A wholly owned subsidiary of the Water Platform of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Aquatic Informatics (https://aquaticinformatics.com/) is a mission-driven software company that organizes the world’s water data to make it accessible and useful. We provide software solutions that address critical water data management, analytics, and compliance challenges for the rapidly growing water industry. Water monitoring agencies worldwide trust us to acquire, process, model, and publish water information in real time. We offer a full range of solutions, from standalone software packages for individual users, hosted software services, and enterprise-wide national systems. We serve over 1,000 municipal, federal, state/provincial, hydropower, mining, academic, and consulting organizations in over 60 countries that collect, manage, and process large volumes of water data.
Aquatic Informatics is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada and has offices in the US and Australia. We value independent thinking, initiative, teamwork, a relentless pursuit of quality, a playful spirit, and a sense of humor. We like smart people – IQ and EQ – who care about the environment and want to do good in the world.
If you want a meaningful role with a company that is making a real difference in one of the most important resources in the world: water, then join our energetic growing team! Help us revolutionize an industry!
About the Opportunity
Aquatic informatics is looking for a Java Software Developer to join our Vancouver office. In this role you will be expected to exercise your vision and technical background to help design and build enterprise-level software. You will continue to monitor the latest trends and technologies in software and help us employ best practices and efficient processes, and you will be part of making our company a magnet for great talent. It will be challenging and fun.
- Participate in the development of Aquatic Informatics software products.
- Key contributing member within an Agile team.
- Perform architectural and object-oriented design, review, and implementation of production-quality features and tests.
- Participate in effort and complexity estimation for new/proposed product features and tasks.
- Continuous research to keep up with new technologies and best practices.
- Assist in effectively diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with the product.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Real experience (at least 5 years) building and maintaining large, enterprise, and/or SaaS applications.
- Java and JVM based application development.
- AngularJS based application development.
- Agile and Test Driven Development.
- Cloud computing environments (preferably AWS) and continuous cloud delivery.
- Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven and related development and build automation tools.
- Design and development with structured and unstructured data storage technologies.
- Experience building, deploying, and managing applications on Amazon’s cloud (i.e. AWS).
- Self-starter with excellent design and analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of an agile team.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish work priorities, effectively multi-task and balance varying demands.
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current technology trends and development best practices.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.