The Global Equities Application Support team is responsible for supporting the applications and processes used by Equity Trading business groups globally, and to facilitate the needs of the end-users with respect to those platforms. The team comprises of several streams which are separated to allow for subject matter experts in each of the relevant streams. These consist of Middle Office, Delta One, High Touch, Electronic Execution, Risk and Data Fabric. The teams overall objective is to ensure stability, resiliency, efficiency and effectiveness in all the application support teams globally. The difference in the streams is due to alignment to specific business user groups to better service the trading business.
This role is a position within the Risk space to support the global equities risk systems, responsible for both Live and Overnight risk data for the Derivatives and Delta1 business. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Equities Risk Management System and its underlying systems to ensure high availability of client systems. The role will also include working closely with development and offshore teams to identify and coordinate stability and efficiency enhancements.
Role / Position Overview
CITI is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of ‘Equities Risk Senior Analyst’ within our global support team located in Mississauga. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our suite of applications that provide both Live and Overnight Risk to the Equities business and client consumers.
• Own; Provide L1/L2 support for mission-critical Equities Risk applications.
• Work closely with the development, QA and business support teams, and the Equities business to determine strategy & priorities and to ensure that the team is meeting the business’ requirements. Ensure team delivers on these priorities and communicated progress effectively to all stakeholders.
• Provide technical application support, monitoring the applications and technical platform, answer queries via phone, e-mail and other communication mediums.
• This group provides the detailed knowledge of the applications and the upstream and downstream dependencies. For example, they should be able to understand the application processes, database schema as an expert, but would not typically being be expected to read and understand the application code.
• Perform appropriate problem solving tasks before passing to another team with previously agreed upon format, logs, etc.
• When dealing with major issues, the group would be expected to make key technical recommendations based on their knowledge of the systems and the process flows involved.
• Follow through to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
• Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business support, regional colleagues, and development teams.
• Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team. Liaise with business support teams and application development groups.
• Plan and coordinate automation projects to reduce manual efforts within the team.
• 5+ year’s experience in an Application Support role.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of Linux/Unix Scripting & Windows/PowerShell Scripting
• Strong Foundation in SQL
• Monitoring (ITRS or similar)
• Experience installing, configuring or supporting business applications.
• Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
• Advanced execution capabilities and ability to adjust quickly to changes and re-prioritization
• Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Issue tracking and reporting using tools
• Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
• Good all-round technical skills
• Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
• Ability to plan and organize workload
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholder
• Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting