Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is comprised of diverse, talented professionals globally located in more than 100 countries and territories, collectively representing an unparalleled international network of financial skills and capabilities serving targeted clients. Our clients are top corporations, financial institutions and governments in countries around the world and our mission is to help them achieve their goals. We do so by providing strategic, financing and operational insights and executing tailored product/service solutions, both across our borders and domestically. The ICG responds to clients’ changing needs through its long-established relationship coverage approach that provides client solutions utilizing all of Citi’s relevant capabilities, including the broadest possible access to financial markets globally. No other institution can match our combination of global insights, client relationship management services, geographic reach and local and cross-border product expertise.
The ICG technology is organized into Markets and Securities Services (MSST), Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Citi Private Bank (CPB) and Information Services Group (ISG). The ISG group is seeking a passionate technologist to join our Issuer Technology Production support team.
Key Responsibilities :
- The Application Support Senior Analyst (AVP) provides technical and business support for users of Citi Applications. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
- Start of day checks, continuous monitoring, and regional handover.
- Managing, maintaining and supporting applications and their operating environments, focusing on stability, quality and functionality against service level expectations.
- To develop, maintain and enhance monitoring solutions, which will require scripting knowledge to create advanced monitoring solutions.
- To monitor and maintain platform stability during all business hours.
- Manage the relationship with development, business, operations and infrastructure teams.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team
- Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
- Formulates and defines scope and objectives for complex application enhancements and problem resolution
- Partners with appropriate development and production support areas to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
- Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
- Engages in post implementation analysis to ensure successful system design and functionality.
- Reviews and develops application contingency planning to ensure availability to users.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members
- Perform disaster recovery testing
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Development Value :
The role presents an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to develop a broad range of technical and soft skills, as well as the ability to develop a thorough understanding of the Issuer Services business.
You will gain significant experience of the advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and globally, giving you the vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems.
Essential functional skills :
- 5-8 years of experience in an Application Support role.
- Experience supporting systems with all of the following: AIX, MQ, ORACLE, OraaS Database, Java, SQL, NDM and WebSphere.
- Advance level skills on Unix and SQL.
- Experience with some programming languages and willingness/ability to learn.
- Effective written and verbal communications including ability to explain technical issues in simple terms that non-IT staff can understand.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Understanding of incident & problem management methodologies
- Ability to work under high extreme pressure
- Provide on-call & weekend support as per the ROTA schedule
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision
- Scripting Skills
- Ability to understand complex application flows
- Scheduling tools such as Autosys
Nice to have skills :
- Experience in supporting mainframe systems
- Knowledge on Geneos ITRS monitoring & ECS
- Power Bi
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the ” EEO is the Law ” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting