At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
USB Applications Engineer
Provide technical support to customer for integration of Synopsys’ Mixed Signal IP into ASICs. This includes:
- Debugging of customers’ simulation or silicon issues
- Reviewing customers’ integration of our IP
- Answering technical questions about our IPs’ operation
- Train field engineers in IP operation and demonstration.
- Interface with the R&D Engineering teams to provide timely communication to and from customers.
- BS + 7 years of prior working experience, or MS + 4 years of prior work experience.
- All Front-End skills: RTL design & verification in Verilog, Synthesis, static-timing analysis, DFT.
- Scripting in Perl/TCL etc.
- Time management skills to balance multiple high-priority tasks and projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform tasks that often go outside of the area of current expertise.
Skills that will put you at an advantage:
- Domain-knowledge: High-Speed serial communication standards like USB, PCI-Express, SATA, XAUI, etc.., with full understanding of functional partitioning between protocol layers.
- Back-End skills
- Analog design/simulation, Matlab
- Understanding of transmission-line fundamentals, and signal-integrity concepts.
Synopsys Canada ULC values the diversity of our workforce. We are committed to provide access & opportunity to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals throughout the recruitment and employment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact [email protected]
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.