Infotree Service Inc
Position: Application Production Support Analyst
Department: IT Production – APS BP2S
Location: Robert-Bourassa Suite 900 Montreal Canada H3A 2A6 Quebec
Duration: 12+ Months may extend
If you are interested then please reach out to me at [email protected]
Job profile at a glance, the role will mainly focus on escalation management, monitoring, troubleshooting and communicating the production events. The event can be of various type and nature, ranging from simple application error or the infrastructure issue related to server crash. The main responsibility will be to ensure that all relevant events and issues are recorded and resolved in timely manner. In case the issue is out of scope, there will be other specialized teams available for your help. In that case the responsibility will be of a coordinator to inform the relevant teams and make them aware and aid them with information to troubleshoot the issue. Apart from the issues, the role will also require to raise incidents on behalf of users and escalate the tickets to concerned support teams. During releases and planned downtimes, the Command Centre will be responsible for management communications and orchestration of the activities among different teams.
The front line support will also be responsible to identify the gaps in monitoring and suggest improvements. Keep track of business impact to update stakeholders in real time and Prioritize/escalate the subjects as per need. The role also require the person to be familiar with tools like Geneos, Service Now and Confluence. Knowledge on scripting language like Python will be an asset.
• Monitor applications/end to end value chain in scope with the help of provided tools • Manage alerts for resolution and escalate for investigation • Maintain documentation about alerts and process guidelines for easy resolution of issues and follow up during incident management • Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues as per shared guidelines. • Act as first line of contact for end users to register their queries and concerns • Liaise with Level2, Infra Teams, Incident manager in case of global issues • Keep track of impact and follow through the age of incidents • Ensure problems are correctly registered for high priority incidents and follow up for timely closure. • Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers • Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time • Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals, review of application data. • Maintaining the repository of category based production alerts and timely escalation of repeated issues.
Key Skills Behavioral Skills
• Enthusiastic to work in challenging environment. • Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues • Excellent problem-solving and communication skills • Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal • Dynamic approach to cater to different situations and applications based on business chains.
• Write effective, scalable code to monitor E2E application hierarchy in production environment. • Creation of state of art dashboards and alerting solutions for multiple backend applications. • Test and debug programs • Coordinate with support teams to understand the problem and suggest customized solution
• Knowledge on Linux, Middleware, SQL & monitoring tools. • Familiarity with Production tools like Geneos, Service Now, Confluence, Autosys etc. • Knowledge of ITIL concepts and principles. • Good Knowledge on Python and ITIL certification will be considered as asset
• Basic knowledge of Linux, Windows, SQL is mandatory
• Graduate in Computers/IT field with 1 to 3 years of experience.
• Previous experience in production support project will be preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.