Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join our Information Technology & Systems team in our Richmond, BC headquarters. In this role, you will support the Atlassian suite of products and other tools. The Atlassian suite of products, most prevalently Jira and Confluence, support many functions across the company who rely on optimal performance, timely development, and ongoing maintenance. You will ensure that our Atlassian products and other applications are kept up to date, with all integrations, customizations, and that their configurations work efficiently and as intended.
- Support and maintain cross functional business applications as required (primarily the Atlassian suite of products)
- Proactively lead the dialog for planning future changes, projects or programs that may need or impact application modifications, integrations, customizations or configurations
- Design and develop application system architecture with a focus on performance and scalability
- Quickly respond to issues or high priority requests and escalations
- Work with other IT and internal stakeholder groups to jointly resolve and implement permanent solutions to recurring problems
- Own, track, communicate, and resolve all IT application support related incidents and requests
- Take a lead role in managing the underlying Linux and MySQL instances as needed to support applications
- Ensure that our deliverables meet the highest possible quality standards
- Gather and analyze business needs in close collaboration with management and end-users (including leading cross-functional planning dialog sessions)
- Prepare reports as needed regarding utilization and efficiency metrics to address accuracy with licensing and potential cost reductions
Required Education, Experience & Competencies
- Minimum of five years or more of hands-on, senior-level experience with Atlassian tools.
- Experience and proficiency with customizing and enhancing the UI and workflows within Atlassian tools
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to provide creative solutions to problems and business challenges
- Experience in database change management and data management through various stages of the development life cycle
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work well independently and under pressure
- Knowledge of development environments, quality assurance, user acceptance testing, and launch to production
- Strong customer orientation, ability to multi-task, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment with tight deadlines
- Willingness to take calculated risks and openness to change
- Strong documentation skills and ability to present ideas concisely and understandably to various technical, business, and management stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to support critical systems during and outside of regular business hours
Desired Education, Experience & Competencies
- Atlassian University certification in Jira and/or Confluence
- Experience with Linux and MS-SQL Server (2008 – 2019) including management tools
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.