777 Bay Street, Suite 2200
Job Family Group:
Take your career to the next level by gaining a deeper understanding of the Cyber Security organization. This position will give you exposure and the opportunity to interact with several different groups across the Cyber Security organization and advise and consult on a variety of cyber security matters across the bank with both the business and Technology.
Our team is a newly developed team tasked with creating a centralized group of Cyber Security professionals who are willing to help others navigate the Cyber Security organization and advise on project and non-project related requests. There is opportunity to grow and build a foundation that will help the bank move forward in a secure manner and at a faster pace. We are always excited to meet new challenges and learn from each other.
Mandatory technical experience/skills
Min of 1-3 years of experience in Governance, Risk, or Advisory Services within Cyber Security or Information Security
Min of 1-3 years of experience in Application Security
Min of 1-3 years of knowledge in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, DevOps)
Provides information security consulting services for BMO overall and businesses/groups. Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and enables BMO to meet its goals by understanding business vision, objectives and KPIs. Leads the development of information security strategy by understanding business processes, policies, information and information systems. Builds exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ensures that requirements and solutions align to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential information security standards. Provides thought leadership, promotes new processes and methodologies and emerging technologies, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the business/group and deliverables.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes, risks and mitigation techniques for designated areas.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Understands the strategy, plans, activities and needs of all stakeholders and translates those business needs into solutions and makes recommendations.
- Provides advice, counsel and support on information security matters and recommends solutions to assigned business/group leaders on principles, frameworks, programs, approaches, trends, legislation and regulatory requirements including interpretation of policy and identification and management of risk.
- Builds credibility and influences/negotiates effectively to drive business performance through development and delivery of information security solutions.
- Tracks metrics and milestones, providing recommendations for resolution and escalating as appropriate when issues arise.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a disciplined approach to plan, elicit, analyse, document, communicate and manage initiatives and issues with stakeholders by applying a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand associated risks.
- Promotes process improvements and methodologies; keeps emerging information security issues and trends in mind and ensures standards are followed.
- Creates professional presentations and deliver them in a meaningful concise way.
- Assesses information security impact to a project’s benefits and risks when scope changes.
- Develops and champions information security best practices, including staying abreast of industry information security and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Gathers, examines and interprets data and information to extract meaningful insights, answer business questions and provide actionable recommendations.
- Assists with continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis with the goal of strengthening information security capabilities.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 7 years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Information Systems or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference for candidates who have at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Understanding of industry standards and frameworks e.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), ISO 27001 and 27002, Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS), etc. – In-depth.
- Experience in information security concepts and methodology.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle – In-depth.
- Knowledge of information security processes, procedures and controls – In-depth.
- Understanding of and problem solving ability for information security issues within their business group – Working.
- Understanding of information security risk and regulatory requirements – Working.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.