In the digital economy, it takes more than good ideas and strong leadership to thrive. Upgrading outdated processes, systems and information is vital – but can be a risky investment in such a rapidly changing environment. That’s why some of the most prestigious businesses worldwide look to us for authoritative, agile and efficient solutions for business decision-making. As our Application Integration Architect Manager, you’ll play a leading role in that mission, providing the competitive edge our customers need to overcome some of the biggest creative and technical challenges around.
You’ll be part of a tight-knit team in a growing area of the business. It’s a high-profile role, in which you’ll have plenty of opportunities to showcase your ability to not only coach a team but establish and maintain new customer relationships. As you do, we’ll support you in developing consultancy and analytical skills – along with relationships that could define your career into a Product organization.
Your key responsibilities
Here, you’ll handle a wide portfolio of clients, each with their own backgrounds, strengths and ambitions, so no two days will be the same. That could mean working to improve our clients’ HR, Customer Service, Compliance, Cybersecurity or IT solutions. Wherever you find yourself, you’ll be making a visible impact on projects that cross borders and challenge conventional wisdom to encourage transformation. You’ll often work on-site to personally understand and influence our clients – which could require you to be ready for some travel (not applicable during the global pandemic and only when it is safe to do so).
Skills and attributes for success
- Understand future customer, industry and information technology trends and applying this understanding to develop robust solutions and to identify opportunities for future business
- Select, tailor and apply formal architectural methods to analyze customer needs and develop requirements for architectural solutions
- Evaluate potential solution elements using a formal methodology and select the most appropriate solutions based on business and technical requirements
- Assess business and technical impact of solution to understand trade-off and any workaround and technical debt that will be incurred
- Acting as a technical leader across all aspects of solutioning including IT roadmap / conceptual architecture, technical due diligence / planning, design and solution delivery
- Solid understanding of application, data / information and technology) to support the integration of the solution into the client’s technology footprint
- Providing trusted advice on how digital transformation and technology enablement can lead to improved performance
- Effectively work with other team members to understand customer needs and to design, evaluate and develop architectural solutions which meet those needs
- Guide and influence team members, including customer, vendor and subcontractor personnel to accomplish the team’s technical and schedule goals
- Provide feedback to the team about new or emerging client needs and demonstrate an understanding of EY’s key competitive capabilities and value propositions for relevant clients
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Seven or more years of experience in a leadership & consultative capacity
- Seven or more years of experience managing a full lifecycle solution implementation
- Three or more years of experience as an integration architect
- Familiarity with architectural modeling technique (e.g. UML, ERD, etc.)
- Experience with different solution delivery / implementation methodologies (i.e. waterfall, RUP, ASCEND, Agile, etc.)
- Familiarity with different integration techniques and trends / standards such as Microservices and FDX
- Ability to lead architectural activities including leading all or portions of the project, organizing the team, defining tasks, tracking and reporting progress, delivering on time and within budget, and delivering results to the customer
- Ability to develop rapport with others by demonstrating an understanding of their concerns, needs and issues and focus on developing an internal network of relationships that can provide advice and support
- Ability to anticipate potential problems associated with the solution being developed by managing the technical risk for the solution to be implemented
- Ability to take full responsibility for tasks including consistently reviewing EY team work to identify and improve EY’s approach for producing quality work products
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A high level of motivation, strong work ethic, and self-starting attitude
- Secret clearance preferred
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or similar discipline; supported by experience in a similar technical environment
- Experience in leading a small to medium size team of 6 to 12 cross-functional resources
- A customer-focused approach to work, and the ability to translate often-complex requirements into decisive digital platform strategies
- The confidence to build lasting relationships and influence senior colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds
- A flair for identifying and capitalizing on new revenue streams
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with a genuine passion for finding and implementing innovative ways to nurture growth. You’ll also need excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to express big ideas to senior leaders, often without technical backgrounds. If you’re ready to take a leadership role in a team that’s poised to take the industry by storm, this role is for you. You must be willing and able to travel (not applicable during the global pandemic and only when it is safe to do so).
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.