Come work for a company relied upon by most fortune 500 companies in the airline, telco, healthcare, and commercial banking businesses. The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for an Application Development Consultant to join us. In this role, you will work with customers to design and develop cloud-native applications using our Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and Red Hat Runtimes which includes SpringBoot, Node.js, Vert.x, Quarkus, and more. You won’t be expected to know everything on day one, but your ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly will be essential. As an Application Development Consultant, you will help us build resilient customer-focused applications that scale to the demands of the modern digital marketplace. By joining our team of experts you will become an industry-leading consultant in full-stack cloud-native development who can guide customers through the entire development life cycle including design thinking, continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD), and deployment strategies, to multi-cloud scaling. This is a remote position, ideally located in Western Canada but also open to candidates located anywhere in Canada within close proximity to an airport, with potential frequent travel to customer sites.
Primary job responsibilities
- Be part of a fast-growing, highly passionate consulting team that is supportive of its members, constantly collaborates on solutions, and strives to facilitate the best use of open source technologies and development approaches to solve real-world challenges
- Become a respected Red Hat’s subject matter expert at the customer site, addressing their technical, development, and strategic IT requirements
- Become highly proficient in developing applications for the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform that utilizes capabilities like a service mesh and serverless architectures
- Constantly learn about new technologies and apply these concepts to customer needs; present internally to Red Hat’s team members and externally at technical conferences
- Become a trusted advisor to our customers, helping them achieve business success in an ever-changing technology landscape
- Work closely with product business, product engineering, support, and sales teams to ensure excellent customer experience with Red Hat’s offerings
- Contribute to the development of repeatable methodologies and tools designed to scale Red Hat’s services capabilities, promote repeatable customer engagements, and lower delivery risk
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a similar field
- 2-5 years of application development using modern languages and frameworks like SpringBoot, Node.js, Vert.x, Python, etc.; polyglot is a plus
- Experience implementing microservices architectures using event-driven, reactive, and domain-driven design approaches
- Experience with the design, full-stack development, testing and deployment of large, distributed applications
- 2-5 years of database design using SQL and No-SQL databases
- Experience with agile development environments practicing test-driven development (TDD), pair programming, and open source or code sharing models
- Familiarity with developing applications for a orchestrated container framework like Kubernetes
- Experience with design and implementation of comprehensive CI and CD pipelines
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, persuasion, project management, and planning skills
- Ability to travel will be required in the future to work alongside leading financial services, retail, telecommunication, and institutional customers, in line with Red Hat’ COVID guidelines
- Experience with frontend development using modern frameworks like React.js, Vue.js, or AngularJS is a big plus
- Experience in a consulting or a similar customer-facing role is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.