Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM’s global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM’s state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide -for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development -staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Our team is looking for enthusiastic and driven Application Developers with skills in developing mobile applications. Do you live and breathe mobile? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for mobile technology to improve experiences?
- Experience in Java and J2EE technologies such as Spring, Hibernate
- Experience in SQL or database design/management is an advantage
- Detail-oriented and creative
- Development with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and Application Program Interfaces (APIs) on the Android and IOS platform and
- Experience in several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming) and with all phases of the Systems Development Lifecyce (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge in common development tools such as Eclipse, Worklight Studio, Rational Team Concert, Android Software Development Kit
- Mobile development technologies such as iOS, HTML5, Hybrid, AngularJS, NodeJS, or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Spring frameworks
- Information Technology
- Experience in development with mobile native technologies, architecture, frameworks and
- 4 years in several different solution development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Extreme Programming) and with all phases of the Systems Development Lifecyce (SDLC)
- 4 years in common development tools such as Eclipse, Worklight Studio, Rational Team Concert, Android Software Development Kit (SDK), Subversion (SVN), Git
- 4 years in other mobile development technologies such as iOS, HTML5, Hybrid, or Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Spring frameworks
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years experience in Java and XML (development as well as maintenance)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 5 years experience in one or more of the following technologies: AngularJS, iOS native, MobileFirst (Worklight)
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.