Dexterra Group of Companies – We keep economies moving and businesses thriving. Thousands count on you. That's why you count on us.
Facilities Management & Operations
We provide the right people with the right skills for your ongoing maintenance and operation needs that will improve your customers’ experiences.
From turnkey camp solutions to world-class catering to comprehensive camp management services, we help ensure your remote workers feel right at home.
Our award-winning modular building solutions bring your vision to life with absolute certainty. Through a truly collaborative building experience, project speed, cost effectiveness, quality and environmental sustainability can coexist to produce revolutionary results.
For over 35 years, we’ve been providing safe, professionally run reforestation services, vegetation management and Type 2 firefighting service solutions to a variety of industries.
Our energy services provide you with access to any terrain. Through matting, soil management, site preparation, relocatable structures and land reclamation, we help you drive productivity on site.
The Application Analyst position will execute both technical and analytical functions to ensure smooth flow of business in the organization. The successful candidate will lead the maintenance and some development of critical business systems such as NetSuite, Oracle PBCS, MS Dynamics GP 2015, and a modern Azure data warehouse and tabular model with Power BI.
Reporting to the Financial Systems Manager, this position will be responsible for or involved in:
- Determining operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Defining and documenting customer business functions and processes.
- Documenting stakeholder requirements, and collaborate with all necessary stakeholders to determine scope items.
- Testing software based on Dexterra Group's best practices and specifications.
- Implementation of our core ERP systems for areas not currently on NetSuite/Oracle PBCS.
- Acting as the liaison between various employees, technology and support teams.
- Responsible for supporting the achievement of Service Level Expectations (SLE) for supported applications.
- Developing and maintaining an effective work intake and management process.
- Following the development, and release of processes, procedures and systems required to accomplish goals.
- Representing the team at various cross functional meetings and/or projects; promote existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Participating on teams or projects which recommend, coordinate, and implement changes and/or improvements to products or systems.
- Communicating with customers concerning issue escalation and established procedures.
- Managing critical issues to resolution.
- Working with and maintaining positive relationships with consulting firms who assist in supporting our corporate applications.
- Comply with DGI safety policies and procedures.
- Supporting the company’s vision and goals.
- Performing other operational duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or related field.
- 4+ years of IT experience working as a Functional, Data, Application or Business Analyst.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Solid understanding of business process and supporting technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated team player with ability to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation with a strong desire to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Aptitude to understand and resolve complex issues, and excellent customer-service skills.
- Possess adaptability and change friendly attitude.
- Proven ability to get results with a ‘can do’ attitude in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with Oracle PBCS, MS Dynamics GP 2015, Jonas Construction Software, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Factory, Azure Automation, Power BI and/or MS SQL Server considered an asset.
- Office environment (currently work from home due to COVID-19) with a flexible work schedule, potentially requiring occasional work on evenings and weekends. Trained, as necessary, in required safety protocols.
- On-call after business hours support may be required.