With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Why work with Huawei Canada?
You will have the opportunity to work on real-world problems that impact people across the globe. Many of our researchers are actively involved in publishing conference and journal papers, inventing patents and solving challenging technical problems. With cutting edge tools, access to highly specialized leaders and researchers, and significant funding, you will be well supported to fulfil your potential and pursue your professional dreams.
About Huawei Noah's Ark Lab
The Noah's Ark Lab is the AI research team of Huawei Technologies with offices in Beijing, Edmonton, Montreal, Shenzhen, Toronto, and several other cities. The mission of the Lab is to make significant contributions to both the company and the society through innovations in artificial intelligence. Guided by long term goals and big impact projects, researchers in the lab try to advance the state of the art in AI and its application through broad collaboration within the company and with the global research community at each stage of the innovation process.
Founded in 2012, the Lab has grown to cover research areas including fundamental algorithms, speech & language processing, recommendation & search, computer vision, decision making & reasoning, as well as human-computer interaction. Application areas supported by the Lab’s research include communication network control, supply chain management, autonomous driving, dialog systems, machine translation, recommender systems, technical support automation, AI-powered photography, video surveillance, robotics, and human-computer interaction.
- Design, develop and test software to tackle meaningful technical problems by software analytics research, source code mining, software analysis and manipulation, software reverse engineering and migration etc.
- Collaborate with the most innovative product development team in the world and transfer your ideas into solutions in the next generation of Huawei products.
- Conduct rapid prototyping with a collaborative team of engineers by code transformation and delivering just-in-time solutions to enhance the core competitiveness of Huawei's related products.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, determine project and feature requirements, and create development plans for software productization.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Minimum 2+ years of application analysis and Android app development experience
- Experience with full-stack development from front-end, user interfaces, mobile platforms, back end services, web services and database systems
- Java or Kotlin development experience
- A true team player, able to work in fast-paced environment, proven success in working within a globalized multi-culture organization.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Familiar with machine learning is an asset, but we’ll provide training
- Experience in source/code transformation
- Experience in legacy software system migration
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.