At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experiences, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we’re up for the challenge. Loblaw Digital is the team responsible for building and operating the online businesses of Canada’s largest and most successful retailer. Based in downtown Toronto, we are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative team working towards transforming the way Canadians shop by creating leading eCommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, loyalty, and apparel spaces, and we’re only just getting started! To achieve these goals, we are looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to collaborate and solve challenging problems and make significant and lasting impact on Canadians.
Looking for a challenge? Good. Love an innovative work environment? Even better.
The Impact you’ll make
We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. If you have big ideas, undeniable enthusiasm, and thrive in a collaborative, creative, and diverse group, we’ll get along just fine.
In this role, you will be working as a member of the Development team. You will have exposure to every aspect of the software development cycle, and you will be encouraged to express your opinions and challenge assumptions. You will have guidance from Mobile Tech Lead on technology and architecture to ensure code quality and better development practices.
The successful candidate will assist in building, improving, maintaining and leading a world-class native mobile e-commerce app.
This is a hands-on role where you will work with million+ download customer facing apps as well as in-store colleague facing apps. As a Mobile Developer, you’ll work with the latest native mobile languages, while interfacing with RESTful Java-based API’s. Your day-to-day work as a Mobile Developer will involve working on one of several of our complex, customer & colleague facing apps. Expect to contribute your expertise in native mobile design as well as your technical experience in creating a high-performing, maintainable apps. You’ll often be working closely with our user experience groups to create and implement an attractive mobile app.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build and maintain native mobile applications for Android
- Participate in code reviews and architecture reviews
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Taking ownership, writing UnitTest and UITest as part of development norm
- Mentor Junior Android developers
Does This Sound Like You?
- You know how to write readable, idiomatic and maintainable Kotlin/Java code
- You are experienced with a variety of Android frameworks.
- You have a deep understanding of Object oriented design patterns and API design.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You love to think in a functional way and you want to learn what functional programming means (RxJava2)
- Experience with offline storage (Room/Realm), threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with CI/CD and Fastlane
- You have released at least one App under your supervision from an organization where you did:
- Core architecture
- Code review
- Mentored other developer
- Wrote UnitTest and possibly some UITest
- Good to have:
How you’ll succeed
At Loblaw Digital, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections. We’re able to keep innovating because our colleagues are passionate about their work and excited about the future of eCommerce. You will get to work with some of the best digital minds and will have the support of world class technologies to craft products our customers will love!
Loblaw Digital recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.