Requisition ID: 90090
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
Contributes to the overall success of Digital Banking in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of Software Production Operations. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- Manage supported applications and provide fixes as needed.
- Lead on call problem escalation and outage recovery effort, not limited to code fixes in presentation and integration layer, but also provide infrastructure level investigation and support where necessary
- Lead knowledge transfer and documentation for level 2 and level 3 operations teams
- Optimize application monitoring tool stack including fine tuning actionable alerts, process improvements, Major Incident procedure review and enhancements to reduce recovery time, in a distributed and semi-scalable environment
- 24/7 on-call rotation supporting multiple applications and occasional weekend releases.
- Monitor multiple application health and discover opportunities to optimize in a continuously growing large complex hybrid environment
- Map business problems to reusable end-to-end solutions, lead technical configuration, and support deployment throughout the organization.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Champions a high-performance culture in a fast-paced environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
- Provide reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Provide technical direction with teams’ input and feedback.
- Mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
- Collaborating with the Architects as needed to realize technical vision and direction.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 5+ years of experience building native Android applications with React Native and Java
- Familiarity with building Android accessibility components to improve app usability
- Have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Adheres to and demonstrates good coding conventions and best practices, and helps to maintain the architecture of the project
- Stays on top of reviewing others’ code, actively contributing suggestions and catching potential issues
- Cloud native development and deployment experience
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Excited about committing a significant chunk of your daily activities to personal innovation projects with your peers
- Ability to quickly analyze the available data and find the root cause of the problem during production issues.
- Suggest improvements to supported applications and systems as needed
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
- Have a passion for well-designed products and you’re not afraid to sit with our Design Team and prototype, wireframe and white board your ideas
- Experience in software development and supporting complex large-scale customer facing platforms
- Experience in working with scalable containerized systems in public cloud (Azure and GKE/GCP)
- Strong experience with APM tools, such as Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.
- Comfortable using Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Launch Darkly, etc.
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, desktop etc.) as well as high aptitude for diving in and picking up new things
- Well-rounded knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments
- Proven ability to translate ideas into technical and business realities, and to map technology to business problems.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills including ability to distil technical details into simple terms; ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple complex initiative
- Natural Problem Solver
What’s in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You’ll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent – not just a job – so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don’t apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.