DIFFERENT BY DESIGN
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking an Analyst for our growing Valuations team. Committed to delivering real value to organizations, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Through our trusted Valuations team, our Chartered Business Valuators and Accredited Appraisers work with our extensive network of industry specialists to deliver independent, concise valuations assessments in a wide range of areas. These include, business valuations, intangible assets, financial reporting requirements, property tax recovery, fairness opinions, litigation support, and appraisal services.
YOUR ROLE @ MNP
- Build and prepare technical based analysis such as quantitative investigation, projections, forecasts and/or models in Excel
- Conduct industry and economic research as it pertains to clients’ needs
- Strong communication skills through report writing, group discussions, presentations, charts and graphs
- Utilize MNP research tools to determine market-based valuation multiples
- Participate in the proposal process and help support the implementation, administration and completion of client engagements
- Support the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high-quality professional reports
- Support the delivery of high-quality client service by ensuring client needs are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your Valuations knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a specialization in accounting or finance
- 1 to 2 years of experience at a professional services firm, ideally in financial analysis and valuations
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
YOUR REWARDS @ MNP
More than a paycheque, MNP delivers. You’ll be empowered to share your ideas, take on new challenges and advance your career.
Join a diverse firm committed to maintaining its unique culture and fostering a balanced lifestyle. MNP offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside the office! You can expect: generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored FUN social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, client and team member referral bonuses, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, work-life flexibility, exclusive access to a variety of perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!