Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world. Our leading banners across North America include Hudson’s Bay, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
Reporting to the Manager, Tech Business Office, the incumbent will primarily focus on driving business results through development and execution of world class analytics to meet evolving Technology Business Office needs. He/she will be Technology Business Office’s analytics thought leader and drive to solve various challenges using data as well as the analytical results.
Who You Are:
- One to five years of analytical working experience with a problem-solving and result-driven mindset. The ability to take an innovative approach to business problem is a plus
- Proven ability to apply findings to resolve business problems
- Strong understanding of accounting principles related to operational expenses (OPEX) and capital expenses (CAPEX) is a plus
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to code macros in VBA a plus.
- Tableau experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to clearly summarize and communicate the analysis or investigation result to both internal and external stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance
As the Analyst, Technology Business Office, You will:
- Support Technology Business Office team to extract and analyze financial data from various sources to align with business strategies
- Assist in developing financial reporting to give visibility to Technology leadership on projects across tech portfolios, focusing on budget variances and project spend
- Lead Financial Review of capital spend for portfolios, once trained on process
- Responsible for the Technology Time and Material (T&M) invoice database record entry, including maintaining and analyzing
- Review and reconcile the received invoices against the HBC Technology internal records and investigate and drive to resolve the data discrepancy
- Request approval of Digital Operational Expense invoices and prepare invoices for payment processing
- Collaborate with team on additional ad hoc projects to support any new team strategic initiatives or other business processes
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance.
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discounts.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.