At CN, we work together to move our company-and North America-forward. Be part of our Information & Technology (I&T) team, a critical piece of the engine that keeps us in motion. From enterprise architecture to operational technology, our teams use the agile methodology to automate and digitize our railroad ensuring our operations run optimally and safely and our employees can focus on value-added tasks. You will be able to develop your skills and career in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The role of Analyst System Integration in automation is to ensure successful deployment of advanced infrastructure, telecom, Industrial IoT, software development, application, and technology solutions, systems and services. The Specialist ensures that all business requirements are met by team members and projects, and contributes to the global evolution of CN’s I&T.
Clients can be from within CN’s I&T team or direct lines of business. The Analyst must build and improve a full-time automated service between systems in the cloud for the positive train control. They will be part of the system architecture for infrastructure as a code and work CI/CD tool with Azure DevOps. They will be part of the technology exploration service to build the evolution of the existing services while building and maintaining a virtualized and containerized infrastructure. They will also be involved in building test code, design and optimised monitoring tool. The analyst will be part of the DevOps team and lead after action review for operations support.
- Plan and Test the functionality and non functional aspects under development
- Optimize Infra and application monitoring with integration with third party or internal script(s)
- Perform Data Analysis and testing
- Test defects analysis and resolution
- Review product requirements, functional and non functional design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases
- Develop automation scripts/framework on Automation tools/Scripting tools
- Build process and documentation
- Be able to build solution with the Azure, Google cloud platform and DevOps marketplace.
- Operate public cloud infrastructure and DevOps solutions,
- Use the best practice materials for Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration Management
The role has standard working conditions in an office environment with a regular workweek from Monday to Friday.
- Minimum of 2 years of overall relevant work experience (with a prominent focus on automation skills )
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Strong knowledge in QA
- Strong knowledge in database ( MySQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Knowledge in rest API and Node API
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Azure DevOps CI, Github, etc)
- Able to code in Python, JSON or Java.
- Knowledge how to monitor application and infrastructure
- Knowledge in logs management, application monitoring, infrastructure monitoring
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka and MQ.
- Knowledge in network architecture*
- Knowledge of networking, security and protocol*
*Any experience for these above would be considered as an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- DevOps certification (asset)
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.