Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking to hire an experienced individual to be a part of our Rogers Sports & Media (RSM) Team in the role of Analyst, Sports Revenue Management. Your core responsibilities will be providing audience, pricing, and inventory-based insights in order to maximize revenue on our Sports assets across all platforms. You will be executing revenue and pricing strategies, maintaining KPI dashboards to monitor business performance, and working closely with internal stakeholders in Sales, Revenue Operations, and Programming to automate and streamline the business.
This dynamic position is ideal for candidates who have experience working in a fast-paced business environment that demands constant adaptation to an ever-changing and dynamic Sports and Media landscape. The scope of the business requires a well-rounded, versatile candidate capable of excelling in a team environment.
What you will do:
- Developing of audience forecasts, tracking TV audiences, and analyzing advertising/media trends.
- Building revenue assessments to forecast yield, and the impact of programming strategies.
- Assessing and identifying risks and opportunities for RSM Sports assets and the competitive marketplace.
- Working with large volumes of data; identifying key insights, trends, and anomalies.
- Monitoring inventory to accurately forecast and maximize revenues.
- Recommending audience estimates, pricing, and inventory adjustments to address current market conditions.
- Processing, maintaining, and communicating schedule changes to Sales.
- Evaluating sales contracts for alignment with applicable guidelines.
- Updating KPI dashboards and reports to keep management informed of the state of the business.
- Mentoring and helping develop other members of the Sports team.
- Working collaboratively with various internal departments: Sales, Revenue Operations, Programming, and Audience Research.
- Collaborating on special projects and ad-hoc assignments as required.
- Continuously streamlining, improving, testing, and innovating processes; creating and maintaining process and training documentation.
What you will bring:
- Exceptional critical thinking, innovative problem-solving skills, and the ability to tell the story.
- Ability to organize and present pertinent information clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication / presentation skills that can be adapted to various audiences such as Management or Sales.
- Strong track record of taking initiative and managing short and long term deadlines while balancing multiple priorities at any one time.
- Ability to quickly pick up new software programs (e.g. Infosys, S4M) in addition to already being skilled with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels within the team and internal departments.
- Embrace change and open to new ideas and approaches.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location:1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Media
Requisition ID: 216008