Federation Caisses Desjardins
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As an analyst, risk quantification and capital adequacy, you assist with analysis, quantification, research and development activities for overseeing risk management.
You analyze and help diagnose issues and situations related to your field. You provide opinions in accordance with the rules of your discipline and help develop recommendations and implementation plans. You develop work tools, methods and processes. Your projects and initiatives require extensive knowledge of your line of work.
You offer ideas. You help solve problems through analysis and by drawing on your comprehensive understanding of the line of business. You leverage your ability to manage complex situations. You interact with stakeholders working in other fields.
You provide professional support in your field of expertise for your unit, dedicated clientele and partners.
General Information on the Position
- Identify, input, analyze and interpret data to support management decision-making and risk management and supervision control processes. Make appropriate recommendations.
- Analyze risks. Draft various reports and recommendations. Provide advice and support for recommendation implementation.
- Help prepare and recommend action plans to remedy the situations encountered, in accordance with generally recognized rules and guidelines.
- Develop and draft work methods and processes.
- Quantify and ensure methodological developments as regards the economic capital of various risks, including strategic risk and risks associated with the Desjardins Group pension plan.
- Continue quantification work related to Desjardins Group’s risk diversification.
- With various partners, participate in work related to the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process to support senior management’s strategic decision-making.
- Ensure alignment with Desjardins Group’s risk appetite work, especially as regards quantifying the Desjardins Group risk profile.
- Explain the results of the quantification work.
- Participate in other ad hoc quantification work.
Other working conditions
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, administration, actuarial science, engineering or in an appropriate discipline
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Experience developing mathematical and econometric models
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Advanced knowledge of programming (MATLAB, SAS, Excel, VBA, etc.)
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Business insight, Communicates effectively, Complexity, Differences, Interpersonal Savvy
1170, rue Peel Montréal
Risk management (FG)