We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD $169.8 billion of net assets. We invest funds for thepension plans of thefederalpublicservice, the Canadian Forces, theRoyal Canadian Mounted Police andthe ReserveForce.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We create an environment that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced (click here).
We’re seeking an Analyst, Real Estate Investments to join our Real Estate Investments team for our Montreal office. The hire will be involved in all aspects of the real estate investments and the asset management process.
As an Analyst, Real Estate Investments you’ll:
- Support investment managers in the analysis of potential real estate transactions across all asset classes including residential, office, retail, and industrial assets, and, transactions in various forms: direct asset transactions, corporate transactions, secondary share, private funds, etc.
- Develop and validate financial models related to real estate investments (debt or equity)
- Analyze cash flows and project returns
- Analyze the impact of different assumptions on performance: revenue, operating expenses, financing, tax, fees, etc.
- Analyze investment risks
- Analyze the asset’s operating budget and financial statements
- Analyze the partnership structure
- Participate in presenting investment opportunities at weekly Global Real Estate Committee meetings
- Participate and support investment managers in the due diligence process
- Summarize and follow up on external reports (physical, environment, financial, legal, tax, insurance and other reports)
- Participate in drafting administrative documents
- Business plans for the various assets, presentations to PSP Investments’ Board of Directors, etc.
- Participate and support investment managers in active management of PSP Investments’ Real Estate portfolio
- Research, synthesize and analyze the real estate markets by asset type and by geography for targeted market and asset classes. Periodically follow up on the real estate business plans and analyze variances from the presented budgets
- Analyze and monitor real estate market values
- Monitor real estate indexes
Some travel may be required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interest for the field of real estate investment
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Ability to build good relationships internally, as well as externally
- Ability to manage a number of different projects at any given time and to manage deadlines
- Good attention to detail and presentation of information
- Outgoing self-starter; high level of autonomy
- Proactivity, forward thinking and drive for results
- Strong team player
- Organized and methodical
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Work ethics and professional integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Real Estate combined with strong analytical skills
- M.Sc. in Finance, MBA, CA or CFA designation are assets
- One (1) to three(3) years of relevant experience
- Experience in analysis of real estate transactions, a definite asset
- High level of proficiency with computer tools such as MS Office (most specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of ARGUS and @risk software, an asset
- English required, bilingualism an asset
At PSP, our goal is to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of our leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
This position is located at our Montreal offices.
Visit us on LinkedIn.