The Analyst supports general functions of the practice such as property tax assessment notice and tax bill processing, mail handling, and scanning. The Analyst performs independent research and analytical reviews in support of the Property Tax practice and maintains software databases to ensure database and report integrity. The Analyst is responsible for creating positive team member experiences, which lead to excellent client service and drive revenue and profit for the Firm.
The ideal candidate with have analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong people skills. The successful candidate will be effective in researching issues, reconciling databases, and completing detailed calculations. Successful Ryan team members embrace and live Ryan’s values of Pursue Excellence, Wired to Win, Generosity Matters, Build Trust and Integrity Always and will embody and demonstrate accountability.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Interacts with taxing jurisdictions to verify assessment, tax bill, and deadline information.
- Monitors compliance and filing requirements in conjunction with staff and management.
- Receives, identifies, and sorts all incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Batches tax documents for scanning into scan manager for transmitting information to India resources for processing, where applicable.
- Processes tax bills and assessments timely, including allowing enough time for processing by client.
- Coordinates outgoing mail processes, including preparation of certified and return receipts, and proper postage metering; logs proof of mailers; and delivers mail to post office or courier service.
- Scans and archives proof of mailers in Property Tax system of record. Assembles tax return packages if necessary.
- Assists in preparation for board hearings by copying, collating, and binding documentation for presentations to the review board.
- Assists with researching asset ownership structures, title policy reviews, jurisdictional tax policies, property re-parceling, and tenant escalation billing issues, as requested and directed.
- Builds knowledge of property tax jurisdictions throughout the country, including tax bill deadlines, appeal deadlines, and tracking statutory deadlines.
- Coordinates processes with jurisdictional data requests to meet statutory deadline requirements forassessment notices, compliance returns, tax bills, and agency authorizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High-school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma required.
- General knowledge and ability to understand a tax calendar desired.
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting or standing while working.
- Occasional long periods of standing while copying.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person, via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: none.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran