AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients’ lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 98% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie and 96% are proud of how we contribute to the community.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
We have a new opportunity for an Analyst, Medical Information and Promotional Affairs to join our Medical Operations team. This role offers room for development in the field of medical information and is a great opportunity to gain experience within the pharmaceutical environment.
The Analyst is responsible for the provision of non-complex medical information, and the triaging and documentation of incoming enquiries in the medical information system. This position is based in Montreal (Saint-Laurent) and reports to the Manager, Medical Information and Promotional Affairs.
- Provide up-to-date, accurate, factual, balanced, and timely scientific/medical information in response to unsolicited non-complex enquiries from health care professionals and patients.
- Manage workflow by triage on inbound requests/tasks and assign work accordingly.
- Monitor the Global Medical Information System (GMIS) and the medical information inbox for enquiries. Document in GMIS handled medical information enquiries and respective responses provided.
- Under the supervision of the Medical Information (MI) Specialist, participate in the provision of complex MI enquiries received from external customers for assigned therapeutic areas (TA).
- Report adverse events and product complaints that arise from Medical Information interactions within the required timelines.
- Maintain adequate and updated pertinent scientific, product and clinical information on Company products and related TA.
Medical and regulatory review:
- Under the supervision of a Medical Information Specialist, review all promotional and non-promotional material on AbbVie’s products and their related disease states intended for use with external audiences, in assigned therapeutic area.
- Assess content for medical and scientific accuracy, supported by appropriate published scientific references with acceptable scientific evidence; include correct and proper usage of the product and present a balance of information about efficacy and safety.
- Closely collaborate with material review team: commercial, advertising, office of ethics and compliance.
- Review the French version of product monographs in assigned therapeutic areas.
- Under the supervision of Medical Information Specialist, keep Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties (CPS) updated and provide final sign-off or new products and revised monographs with major changes.
- Participate in identifying scientific literature of interest and disseminate information to the MI team. Reviews Global Medical Information (GMI) documentation on products pertaining to TA.
- Complete within required timelines assigned mandatory trainings.
Education / Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Nursing or equivalent.
- Experience in a clinical setting (i.e., working in pharmacies, in close contact with patients and/or health care professionals) is an asset.
- Understanding or experience of pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
Essential skills and abilities:
- Advanced French and English language proficiency (oral and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be at ease with technology (the use of various tools/systems to perform day-to-day tasks).
Key leadership competencies:
- Ability to take key actions and demonstrate behavioural anchors that support all AbbVie leadership competencies.
- Excellent clinical judgment and fast learner.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to evaluate, assess and synthesize scientific and clinical literature.
- Customer focus.
- Team player that is self-driven and proactive.
- Efficient negotiating skills, diplomacy and tact; excellent ethics and integrity.
- High adaptability in coping with short timelines and shifting priorities.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.