The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the workings of a financial institution, an understanding of consumer lending and related optional Insurance products. The individual needs to demonstrate a quick ability to manage fixed assets and insurance procedures and work with various departments, system and products.
- Assist in analyzing financial results, preparing variance analysis and ensuring timely and accurate financial and management reporting.
- Accounting for Fixed Assets and optional Insurance products, this includes but not limited to
- Calculation and booking of commissions on sale of insurance products
- Management of Insurance cash settlement processes with Vendors.
- Monitor controls around accounting of all loan products and optional Insurance products
- Assist branch network with accounting related queries for optional products.
- Work closely with Cash reconciliation team to ensure that all cash is accounted for appropriately.
- Perform account reconciliations by ensuring that guidelines and policies around accounting processes are adequate and effective, and all balances are substantiated by proper documentation.
- Present financial results for the option insurance oversight committee; and implement new regulations working closely with to external vendors and legal department.
- Continually review existing procedures (establishing new policies where needed) to incorporate change in reporting and accounting requirements.
- Support the reporting team during external / internal audits
Your wellness is our priority
To protect your health and wellness, Fairstone will conduct recruitment digitally for this position. You will receive virtual onboarding and training and will initially work remotely with the Fairstone team. We look forward to introducing you to the team at Fairstone’s downtown Montreal headquarters once physical distancing measures are lifted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A professional accounting designation, a plus.
- Relevant work experience (5 years or more), at a large financial institution and working for a multinational corporation.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills.
- Data mining experience desired.
- Strong accounting fundamental skills.
- Ability to network and communicate effectively across levels and departments.
- Team player but must have the ability to work independently and meet strict timelines.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically advanced skills in Excel.
What’s in it for you?
Looking for a rewarding career? You’ve come to the right place. At Fairstone, we offer all our permanent employees:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Incentive programs to recognize when sales targets are met (applies to branch network employees only)
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated to your start date)
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Sponsored Pension Plan
- Personal days and sick days
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Paid volunteer day and organized volunteering events across the country
- Ongoing Learning and Development Training
- Referral Incentives up to $5000.00
and Much More……
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Come join our team!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Whether you’re seeking first-time employment or are making a career change, Fairstone has the internal support to help our team members grow and succeed.
Temporary (Fixed Term)