Analyst, Investment & Advisory Solutions, Wealth Management – Toronto, Job # 5306
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic individual to join our Wealth Management team in Toronto for a full-time permanent role.
- Perform analysis of in-house equity research and external research daily;
- Investigate and develop investment strategies using multi-disciplinary approaches (quantitative, technical, fundamentals);
- Attend Equity Research conference calls for exposure and take Minutes when appropriate;
- Attend Company marketing meetings and produce commentary;
- Create company specific and industry overviews daily;
- Responsible for creating Canaccord’s morning research report highlighting investment strategies, stock analysis, and global market update;
- Conduct regular administrative duties for team’s portfolios (update decks, positionings, etc.);
- Coordinate, communicate, and work closely with senior individuals across various groups;
- Update portfolio holdings across different platforms.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of the Capital Markets and various asset classes; deepen knowledge of investment products across the equities and fixed-income landscape;
- Direct experience with and a solid understanding of financial modeling and valuation analysis;
- Market knowledge with portfolio management experience an asset, but not required;
- Superior Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to write well a must-have;
- Ability to summarize research reports and identify key ideas in the overall investment thesis;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team;
- Strong verbal communication skills and comfort engaging all levels of firm management;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure;
- Attention to detail a must-have;
- Problem solving and sound judgment skills with the ability to exercise tact and discretion are essential.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.