What This Position is All About
The Import Analyst will be a part of the Logistics team, he/she will coordinate a number of tasks to ensure shipments in the US and/or Canada are cleared through Customs in a timely manner. This position requires the preparation of import documents, invoice and cost validation, and verification of Free Trade Agreements. The position requires communication and presentation with internal and external customers, knowledge of customs compliance rules and regulations, and an ideal candidate will possess strategic thinking skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Who You Are:
- Innovative mindset, ability to be flexible and manage in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferable in Supply Chain, Business Management, or other related discipline.
- Entry level experience (1-2 years or internships) in customs compliance or supply chain & logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
As The Customs Import Analyst, You Will:
- Prepare and coordinate customs clearance documents for US and Canadian imports of wearing apparel, shoes, and accessories
- Communicate and organize related activity with Customs brokers, merchants, logistics and distribution
- Verification of merchandise value, unit quantity, and vendor invoices audits
- Provide updates and reporting of shipments cleared through customs
- participate in Free Trade Agreement audits and duty drawbacks filings.
Your Life and Career at Saks:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with Saks . We look forward to reviewing your application.
Saks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Saks complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Saks welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.