TD Bank, N.A.
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
The TD Securities Capital and Liquidity Management Group is part of the Wholesale Banking Finance group and is accountable for all capital reporting/management and capital project initiatives, as well as providing subject matter expertise in liquidity, funding and balance sheet to TDS businesses to ensure the business is making decisions to optimize the financial resources of the Bank. The group is involved in leading or supporting consultations and industry discussions regarding current and upcoming OSFI Capital and Liquidity requirements. It is also responsible for allocation of capital for business line measurement and financial statement disclosures, execution of Capital and Liquidity Management Frameworks including establishment of limits, ongoing monitoring and escalation, and leading optimization and cost savings initiatives.
The analyst in this role will be required to provide accurate and timely Wholesale Bank capital reporting in accordance with the OSFI and regulators in foreign jurisdictions, as well as ad-hoc requests. The analyst will present capital results and value-added information enabling senior business leaders to make informed and critical business decisions on capital. This includes interpretation of key capital drivers, variance analysis, and making appropriate recommendations where required. In addition, the analyst will contribute to optimisation of inefficient processes, identify process gaps, and maintain process documents.
The analyst will be required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviours in alignment with TD policies and practices.
- Calculation of capital for the Loans desk to meet monthly and weekly reporting deadlines. This includes all aspects of the capital process, for example: validating data sources, reconciliation, investigate discrepancies, correctly applying capital rules and loading data into the capital calculation software
- Validating the capital results and verifying the accuracy of the schedules for OSFI capital reporting
- Report capital results to management and other users. This includes preparing a variety of reports, schedules, variance analysis, and commentaries
- Provide accurate capital analysis, interpret findings, and identify and refer complex issues / situations beyond own level of expertise
- Support TDS Finance Capital & Liquidity Management in the implementation of new financial models, capital treatment, methodologies, frameworks and paradigms to support on-going business unit reporting and analysis functions
- Work with technology, middle office, operations, accounting and risk management groups to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the capital processes in accordance with the OSFI Basel III guidelines
- Follow up on outstanding issues that ensures proper calculation of capital to minimize errors
- Identify inefficiencies and process gaps, assist in optimization through technological tools (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, VBA, SQL) and maintain process documentation for existing processes
- Partner with TDS Finance Capital & Liquidity Management to satisfy ad hoc requests from senior management, front office, and other users
- Contribute to a positive work environment that encourages development, productivity, professionalism and teamwork
- Share knowledge and ensure ongoing and timely communication with the team and management on the status of projects and relevant points of interest
- Participate in identification of personal development needs and pursue development / career opportunities
- Adhere to established guidelines of conduct
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills who engages colleagues and business partners
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain strong attention to detail
- Strong business acumen with a “value-added” mindset – ability to consolidate information into clear and concise analysis
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience in accounting or finance and large data sets
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
- Ability to stay resilient under pressure and during times of change
- Works effectively in teams and with multiple partners
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and handle deadlines and priorities
- Knowledge of SQL, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau is an asset
Specific Educational Requirements / Accreditations:
- Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or Finance
- Knowledge of Wholesale banking businesses and products
- Professional accounting / finance designation (CPA/CFA) or pursuing would be an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.