Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
ANALYST I, QC LAB SERVICES
12 Month Term
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking an Analyst I, QC Lab Services for our QC Microbiology Department. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, under two years of experience in a pharmaceutical cGMP environment and knowledge of pharmaceutical GLP’s and GMP’s. Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment and have the ability to interpret analytical data. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission-to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
The Analyst I, QC Laboratory Services performs GMP compliant testing as required to support the facility environment and filling process, Raw Material testing, In-process, Finished Product release & Stability or nonclinical/ clinical studies. The Analyst I also perform testing required to support assay and process validations. He/She will perform testing to support release of lab specific material (media, standards).
• Perform routine laboratory procedures including analyzing and reviewing data
• Receive and test samples
• Receive, prepare, test, release materials used for QC testing (for example: media, standards)
• Document laboratory work consistent with GxP requirements
• Maintain laboratory records and inventory for supplies and reagents
• Perform preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment in accordance with established procedures.
• Perform detailed technical and data integrity review of QC data as required
• Adhere to all effective TMD’s/SOPs and safety requirements and document laboratory work consistent with cGMP requirements
• Initiate investigation reports attaching required documentation
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures
• Prepare and Autoclave supplies and garbage
• Model the organizational core values through day-to-day actions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline
• Under two years’ experience in a pharmaceutical cGMP environment
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel
• Basic knowledge of pharmaceutical GLPs and GMPs
• Knowledge of laboratory techniques and safety precautions
• WHMIS and biohazard safety awareness
• Ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment
• Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
• Competent in laboratory safety and generally-accepted lab practice, including maintaining adequate written laboratory records
• Able to communicate and articulate information in both written and verbal forms.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; can work collaboratively with others.
• Able to interpret analytical data
• Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
• Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!
Protecting and Enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy to improve the quality of life for individuals around the world, giving them the opportunity to experience the fullness of life.
Our drive towards this vision informs all of our actions-whether it is our approach to product development, manufacturing, encouraging employee health and wellness or giving back to the community-we strive every day to achieve this shared goal.
WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support each other.
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer them together.