• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is February 23, 2021. Please quote competition number 32985.
Analyst I, Governance and Compliance
Position and Responsibilities
As a member of the legal department, reporting to the director, legal services, governance and assistant corporate secretary, you will be responsible for supporting the corporate secretaries of certain Cameco subsidiaries, and maintaining corporate records, including, but not limited to, constating documents, regulatory filings, minutes and resolutions, and share certificates of Cameco’s subsidiaries. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements related to corporate and subsidiary governance. You will be expected to perform these specialized legal procedures and duties with minimal supervision. You will also provide support for special projects and transactions related to Cameco’s subsidiaries, manage Cameco’s Canadian and Saskatchewan lobbying registrations and be responsible for Cameco’s indemnity database. You will provide research and support for Cameco’s global anticorruption program, including undertaking due diligence work, managing the associated electronic database, preparing board reports, reviewing approval forms and liaising with Cameco’s affiliated companies.
This is a temporary position with an approximate term of 14 months.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in legal, communication, governance or compliance, or related
• Up to three years of relevant experience
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience will also be considered (for example: paralegal diploma with a minimum five years of corporate commercial paralegal experience)
• Experience with legal, governance and/or compliance practices or procedures
• Sound judgement, analytical, thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Planning and organizing skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, SharePoint and other relevant software programs
• Strong drafting skills, accuracy, attention to detail, proof-reading and editing skills
• Relationship building skills
• Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures