Analyst, Finite Element Analysis Simulation / Analyste, Simulation d’analyse par éléments finis
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
Under the coordination of simulation team manager, the main responsibility for this position will consist of working with the available numerical models using ABAQUS FEA code to support the business units of Michelin, Beyond Road. In Addition, he or she will also be required to work in close collaboration with the other different engineering teams, as well as with material testing laboratories. The person will also support the advanced development team (APD) and the Beyond Road technical centres located in Canada, Belgium and Sri Lanka.
- Conduct FEA simulations by using Abaqus and other numerical simulation software. The competencies to work with implicit and explicit methods, to be applied on mechanical and thermo-mechanical rubber projects, are needed.
- Develop communication and establish strong interaction relations with the multiple tire and track customers, both internal or OEMs, to help the progress of R&D. Work together with the internal or external labs to assist the material characterization phase.
- Document the simulation projects into the company database (reports & presentations).
WHO YOU ARE
- You hold a master’s and/or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields. Knowledge of elastomer simulation is a plus.
- You have 3-5 years of related experience in the fields of research and development of elastomer products.
- You have 1-3 years of experience in tires and/or tracks simulation or research is an asset.
- You have knowledge of simulation with finite element analysis by ABAQUS is essential.
- You are knowledgeable of CAD software – ProEngineer (CreoView) is an asset.
- You are autonomous and you thrive on a teamwork approach.
- You are bilingual (English, French) written and spoken.
Motivated by our Purpose – We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward – Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Collaboration with diverse and international co-workers
- Professional development opportunities
- A challenging role in a highly innovative company
- An Employee Assistance Program
(Take note that some elements of this Total Rewards package may differ from other positions offered at Michelin, as this role is opened at Camso, the Off-the-Road business line)
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at [email protected]
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship.