Req Id: 275471
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Finance Team manages the performance and risk profile of Bell, ensuring the needs of customers, investors and employees are balanced with long-term business success. We work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute plans that help the company achieve its strategic objectives and ensure financial sustainability.
The Bell Network Capital Finance team is a diverse team that manages all aspects of Bell’s wireline and wireless networks capital spending program. Our employees are located in Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces. We encourage continuous growth and development for individuals and are a fast-paced team that works in close partnership with various Finance groups and Network Operations. If you are looking for a challenging career this job is for you. We are looking for motivated, self-starters to join this proud group and be a part of an exciting period of financial reporting evolution and automation.
The Finance Manager consolidation, will work with various data sources, analysing and synthesising large amounts of data for monthly results reporting, in year forecasting and Long range planning gaining a greater understanding of key capital spending drivers. This incumbent will also play an important role by providing business consulting services, driving continuous improvement and conducting special studies for the Finance and Network senior management teams.
The incumbent will support the Wireline and Wireless Network Capital Team and will have an opportunity to work in a highly visible, constantly evolving, stimulating and dynamic environment. The main responsibilities of the Finance Manager Conso are as follows:
- Prepare monthly financial management reports for Finance and Business Executives
- Leverage technology to help drive continuous improvement and solve business problems
- Working closely with the business to understand and evaluate key business trends for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial results
- Partner with internal organizations and leaders to ensure accurate reporting and financial treatment
- Perform adhoc analysis & special reports for supporting decision making and the resolution of issues
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives, identifying areas of overlap and potential efficiency gains
- Help the business “connect the dots” by managing large data sets, for identifying trends and actionable recommendations
- A Bachelor’s degree in either accounting/finance, business/commerce and/or previous financial reporting experience
- Accounting designation or pursuing such would be beneficial
- Experienced in data management and mining
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Results driven with a focus on producing high quality accurate work
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with partners and management
- Ability to develop strong relationships with cross functional groups, key suppliers and clients
- Knowledge of SAP and internal systems PEATS, Micros-strategy, BPC
- Advanced Excel skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 03/24/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.