Company 1 - The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Enterprise Strategy & Transformation Team
The Enterprise Strategy & Transformation team is recruiting an Analyst (Co-op), Strategy & Transformation to assist in our transformation by driving the development and execution of corporate strategy and/or strategic partnerships across Manulife.
- Analysts (Co-op) are responsible for the research, analysis in support of the delivery of strategic projects. They analyze key business priorities and bring insights to generate actions that create value for the company.
- Analysts (Co-op) support strategic decisioning via the thoughtful analysis and presentation of current state, firm strengths/challenges, industry/market trends and competitive research.
- Analysts (Co-op) partner with staff across business lines, geographies and value streams to ensure strategic objectives achieve intended outcomes, through thoughtful analysis and clear presentation of results and recommendations.
- Analysts (Co-op) support the team in achieving the overall mandate for the Enterprise Strategy & Transformation area, partnering with leaders to mobilize resources to resolve special corporate strategy projects and track and report implementation progress.
- Analysts (Co-op) deliver comprehensive, forward-looking advisory services to senior management in a timely manner, while maintaining an effective monitoring framework and process that will help ensure successful execution on our strategy to achieve our objectives.
- Analysts (Co-op) are collaborators and help to communicate our strategic priorities, both to internal and external stakeholders, in an impactful way, providing context, focus and inspiration.
Partner with team members to drive Manulife/John Hancock’s transformation and strategic priorities, represent the team on cross-functional work, identify issues, escalate as required, and recommend solutions to keep priorities on track. Perform research and analysis of industry trends, market positioning or competitive activity related to a component of an overall segment or function strategy. Support the implementation of a strategic planning framework and process that engages leaders in effective strategic dialogues, decision-making and planning. Support in providing market and competitive intelligence profiles to share insights and help the team keep abreast of external developments. Based on the research completed, is expected recommend a course of action, or set of alternatives, to the overall Strategy Lead and/or relevant business partner for further discussion and ultimate decisioning. Act as a resource for insights for annual, quarterly and monthly management reporting deliverables. Support strategy discussions across key business units and with strategy groups across the organization.
- Pursuing a degree in business, STEM, or equivalent
- Good business acumen with understanding of and interest in the development and execution of corporate strategy and/or strategic partnerships
- Excellent analytical capabilities; comfortable with quantitative and financial analyses
- Ability to effectively execute both independently and as part of a broader team, while managing a diverse set of priorities
- Demonstrated ability to influence diverse stakeholders and drive adoption and delivery of results/recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems in a structured and logical way
- Must be a great communicator
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and cultures
This Position Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job classification.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of June 30, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.