Canada Life Assurance Company
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Technology redefines the way we work and deliver to meet business needs and elevate the customer experience. You’ll be part of an organization that is embracing modern technology, innovation and agile ways of working.
Our Canada Technology team is a strategic partner in our business – with an ambition to be a forward-thinking, agile technology organization delivering secure, resilient and leading solutions that support Canada Life and the well-being of millions of Canadians.
We are looking for an Analyst (Data & Analytics) to create and deliver trusted metrics and dashboard reporting to help teams and leaders improve technology delivery to meet business needs.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be in the following head office locations: London, Toronto, or Winnipeg, this is a fulltime permanent position.
Business Problem Analysis
- Identify and understand business problems and requirements
- Develop solutions, recommendations and plans to solve these problems with data analysis, metrics,
- dashboards, and reporting
- Complete data analysis and discovery
- Build insights, better understand the data and the story it is telling to drive actionable results
- Collect, interpret, and analyze complex data sets from multiple sources
- Design, develop and implement databases to support ongoing reporting
- Integrate data, analyze for patterns and trends using statistical analysis methods
- Influence data quality through adherence to best practices in data collection and management; through collaboration with delivery teams to improve data collection processes
- Business Intelligence Reporting
- Design, build and maintain user-friendly, interactive data visualizations and dashboards using complex datasets from different sources for operational and management decision making
- Develop and implement metrics and performance indicators
- Apply and implement best practices to ensure dashboard design consistency, accuracy, and efficiency for the best user experience
- Design, write, debug, test, and fix analytics platform code
Communication and Collaboration
- Prepare written reports, notifications, and other presentation materials necessary to communicate data related topics and information to various stakeholder groups
- Collaborate daily with the core metrics, reporting and analytics team and delivery teams
- Share learnings with others across the company, including leadership, delivery teams and community of practice participation
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 3-5+ years of applied data management experience (Data modeling & analytics education an asset)
- Expertise in PowerBI, Tableau, SharePoint, ServiceNow, Performance Analytics, SQL, SAP
- Highly proficient in the core Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and strong organization skills
- Proven ability to learn and handle multiple priorities in a challenging work environment
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong creative thinking skills to determine unique ways to deliver on unmet customer needs
- Agile, practical, customer service-oriented mindset (doesn’t over complicate processes)
- Generally curious and excited to learn new things
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted