1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Reports to: Manager, Customs Compliance & Global Trade
The purpose of the Analyst, Customs Compliance & Global Trade role is to ensure that Loblaw Companies Ltd. is customs compliant by ensuring articles where Loblaw is the Importer of Record are compliant with the importation laws of the Canadian Customs Act and following established processes with CBSA, Customs Brokers, Self-Clearance & other OGD to avoid interruption of the Loblaw Supply Chain.
- Support the Customs Clearance Operation
- Ability to perform data entry to support Anaylitics & Data-Driven Insights
- Review vendors’ NAFTA certificates of origin for completeness and accuracy, ensure that broker has up to date copy on file.
- Organize the CFIA and USDA permit application process, issue No-Bovine statements, and verify compliance with CBSA and all OGD regulations.
- Identify and resolve duty and GST non-compliance issues for LCL’s commodities, keeping Categorization and Taxation groups informed, ensure that duty and tax are paid on time, prepare Voluntary Disclosure reports and pay all amounts owing to CBSA.
- Research and file National Customs Ruling request with CBSA.
- Research product literature to decide proper HS # with due regard to business risks.
- Update Customssystem, and OMI (for GM items) with correct HS #’s, Tariff Treatment decisions, and duty rates.
- Verify CFIA requirements using their AIRS tool to decide commodity quota requirements are met (for example Wheat), inform broker, and update required OGD fields in Trademaster.
- Draft and communicate system problems to ISD, suggest improvements, communicate with CBSA’s EDI department in Ottawa to resolve data transmission problems.
- Ensure that carriers provide timely and accurate Advice Notes, demand corrections to the port of arrival, ETA’s, ensure steamship release, minimize demurrage charges.
- Ensure that vendors’ shipping documents are printed and matched, barcodes applied, and presented to Analysts for transmission to CBSA for Customs release.
- Completion and circulation of daily Outstanding Reports to Purchasing, LCL Transportation groups,brokers, and other LCL teams.
- Ensure that LCL meets its obligations under the Special Import Measures Act.
- Responsible for projects or initiatives as required.
- Post-secondary education in business,Customs Compliance & Global Trade, Supply chain or Logistics
- Strong computer skills with an understanding of Customs Software (Fenix, MSR, Descartes), SAP, IPT, iTrade& WMS.
- Strong computer and presentation skills with intermediate to advancedunderstanding of Excel, Word, MS Access, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills are required.
- Constant and persistent attention to detail essential.
- CCS designation or enrolled in an asset
- Supply Chain and Logistics experiencean asset
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.